Calibration feedback

Home Forums General Discussion Calibration feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ArnaudM
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m pretty new to monitor color calibration and would need some feedback. Did my first calibration today on a laptop (GS73VR 7RF Stealth Pro). It says on Notebookcheck  that it has a pretty good color accuracy so I decided to run DisplayCal to see what it gives me. Even though I know it’s not a laptop made for color grading or made for great color experience, I’d like to share with you the results as I can see quite a lot of bandings just by making a B/W gradient in Photoshop sRGB, 16bits… Do you guys see something I could have done wrong?! THanks for your help, here are the results:

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by ArnaudM.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ArnaudM
    Participant

Here’s the result window:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

unfortunately Laptop displays usually have 6 bit + FRC dithering panels and an increased tendency to show banding. There’s not much that can be done about that, although adding a bit of noise to generated gradients helps (1% is usually enough to significantly reduce apparent banding).

ArnaudM
    Participant

That’s what I thought 🙁 Poor me buying this expensive laptop thinking I could have have a good base for color grading………. Anyway, well, if I’m adding a bit of noise it’ll look better for me but the result will look quite different “in real”… It’ll be a fixing for my own laptop unfortunately. I guess the solution is to carry a real monitor along everywhere I’ll travel if I want to do a more accurate color grading.

Otherwise, the calibration result seems pretty good?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS