Calibrating\Profilling for HDR color space

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating\Profilling for HDR color space

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hello there…

I was wondering what your thoughts are on calibrating /Profiling 4K HDR color spaces on a 10 bit HDTV panel… Apparently HDR uses a much larger color-space… Should I calibrate\profile with HDR turned on or off?

If I calibrate with HDR off does that make the calibration invalid if I later turn it on? (And vise versa?)

I noticed that HDR defaults to a medium contrast enhancer setting. Shoiuld I keep that setting on or turn it off like we do for ‘normal’ calibrations, ie, we don’t like image processing to be involved.

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I was wondering what your thoughts are on calibrating /Profiling 4K HDR color spaces on a 10 bit HDTV panel… Apparently HDR uses a much larger color-space… Should I calibrate\profile with HDR turned on or off?

Depends on what you’re after. Do you want to calibrate the HDR mode of your TV? Then obviously you need to turn HDR on.

If I calibrate with HDR off does that make the calibration invalid if I later turn it on? (And vise versa?)

Yes.

I noticed that HDR defaults to a medium contrast enhancer setting. Shoiuld I keep that setting on or turn it off like we do for ‘normal’ calibrations, ie, we don’t like image processing to be involved.

For calibration it is usually best to turn any “image enhancing” functionality off.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS