Calibrating LG 43LJ594V

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating LG 43LJ594V

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Raikkon35
    Participant

Hi,

I have a TV, LG 43LJ594V, with my computer connected.

In the settings there is a “color gamut” option, with Extended and Automatic being the selectable options.

The movies look a bit flat and greenish in Extended compared with Automatic, and in Automatic the color is a bit more saturated, with the faces and object being reddish compared with Extended. It’s like the color gamut is extended to the red. I see more attractive to the eye the Automatic setting.

The verification that is made to sRGB in DisplayCAL shows the delta E is more correct in Extended than in Automatic, being in Automatic more colors with more delta.

I attach pictures made with my phone and the verifications. The first and second pics are the same because a little error submitting the post, so please ignore the first one. Please, could you be so kind to look at it and tell me which color gamut do I have to set?

Thank you very much and kind regards.

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Raikkon35.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Please, could you be so kind to look at it and tell me which color gamut do I have to set?

It depends on what your goal is. If you want to maximize gamut for profiling, set it to “Automatic” (which looks like a wide gamut mode). If you want sRGB material to look less over-saturated in non color managed applications, set it to “Extended” (which looks like an sRGB emulation mode).

Raikkon35
    Participant

Hi,

Please, could you be so kind to look at it and tell me which color gamut do I have to set?

It depends on what your goal is. If you want to maximize gamut for profiling, set it to “Automatic” (which looks like a wide gamut mode). If you want sRGB material to look less over-saturated in non color managed applications, set it to “Extended” (which looks like an sRGB emulation mode).

Thank you very much Florian!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS