Blue color is way off after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Blue color is way off after calibration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Boris
    Participant

Hello,

I have a Spyder 5 calibrator and a Toshiba laptop with LP156WF4-SPJ1 display.  I don’t expect miracles from it but the blue colors are just way off! I am comparing it to two other calibrated displays that do not show almost any difference after the calibration.

This is the settings that I am using to calibrate it:

LP156WF4-SPJ1 #1 2017-10-07 13-29 D6500 2.2 S XYZLUT+MTX

It took more than 6 hours to calibrate with the spyder 5. What am I doing wrong? What settings should I try? This is the third time that i have tried different speeds and settings but the blue colors are way off every time.

I also made a verification and the Average ΔE*00 is 0.32 . There was only one row with 4.4 but I think that this was some sort of error.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I don’t expect miracles from it but the blue colors are just way off!

Other than the one outlier in the measurement report, I don’t see any indication of that.

I am comparing it to two other calibrated displays that do not show almost any difference after the calibration.

Colors are only supposed to match in color managed applications, and only colors that are actually in-gamut for both displays.

It took more than 6 hours to calibrate with the spyder 5. What am I doing wrong? What settings should I try?

The Spyders are very slow instruments. I would not recommend using slow calibration speed with them unless you are prepared to wait (also, the display may actually not be stable over such a long period of time, although enabling white level drift compensation may help some in such a case).

Boris
    Participant

Colors are only supposed to match in color managed applications, and only colors that are actually in-gamut for both displays.

I am comparing the images in Photoshop and the Working Spaces is set to Monitor RGB.

If I have understand correctly, the measurement report says that my monitor is ok with reproducing correct blue color. Then how is this possible?

The Spyders are very slow instruments. I would not recommend using slow calibration speed with them unless you are prepared to wait (also, the display may actually not be stable over such a long period of time, although enabling white level drift compensation may help some in such a case).

A did the slow calibration just because of this problem. I will try the white level drift compensation next time I have to do a slow calibration.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I am comparing the images in Photoshop and the Working Spaces is set to Monitor RGB.

Monitor RGB is (almost) never the correct working space. If an image has no embedded profile and thus falls back to the working space, it basically means color management is disabled if the working space is monitor RGB. If images are coming from a (consumer) digital camera or phone, use sRGB as working space (and assign it to the images if necessary).

A did the slow calibration just because of this problem.

That won’tchange the color managed result. Calibration only affects non color managed applications (except whitepoint), and only whitepoint/grayscale and tone response curve.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS