Black and White clipping patterns during interactive display adjustment

Home Forums General Discussion Black and White clipping patterns during interactive display adjustment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RickardL
    Participant

I find it hard to verify that you have the correct brightness setting before running DisplayCal. Especially when using HDMI from laptop to display and having the patterns displayed on the 2nd screen in Windows. Both with using the internal pattern generator and madtpg as wel

So, I guess this is a feature suggestion!, to have black clipping patterns displayed in the interactive display adjustment window, where you adjust RGB for white balance, so that you at the same time can verify that you have brightness set correctly. Three squares of black with levels 15, 16 and 17 would do fine for adjusting Brightness of the display.

And likewise for white clipping, small square patterns from 234 to 254 to set the the Contrast of the display.

RickardL
    Participant

So what I am suggesting is that there should be a window with the black & white clipping patterns displayed before the white pattern which is used for setting the white balance. There the user could visually inspect the clipping patterns and adjust the brightness/contrast and then hit Continue for going to the White pattern which is measured by the instrument so the user can adjust the white balance.
    Makes sense?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I think it does, added to my to-do list.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS