Best CCSS profile for Asus VivoBook Pro Series Laptop

Home Forums Help and Support Best CCSS profile for Asus VivoBook Pro Series Laptop

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Newbie123
    Participant

I will preface this post with the fact that I am fairly new to screen calibration and totally new to Display Cal. For many years I have used an Asus PA279 Pro Art LED monitor and I recently got an Asus VivoBook Pro Series Laptop with an OLED screen. I tried calibrating it with my i1 Display Pro and Display Cal using the spectral RGB OLED correction profile and the calibration comes out very different from the Pro Art Monitor (the colors are quite different with the OLED monitor quite a bit warmer and with desaturated colors (photos in photoshop relative to the same photos on the Pro Art monitor). When I verify the profile I get one check for Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint ΔE*00 and two checks for the rest. I wonder if perhaps part of the difference and the low relative saturation is tied to using the wrong correction profile?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Attach profile report for PA279 and RGB OLED laptop with no simulation profile and proper CCSS or each display

Whitepoint error may be because wrong CCSS for PA279, wrong one for OLED laptop, both, or some observer metameric failure. Last one will require to choose one of them as reference a use a visual whtepoint approach on the other. But let’s check the first ones before that.
    Another issue may be agressive ABL on RGB OLED laptop, if that happens HTML report on laptop will show wild errors on TRC and colors, or weird 3D shape on display colorspace if you render that volume in a viewer (profile info +  3D viewer)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Vincent.

Newbie123
    Participant

Thank you very much for your reply! Below I attached the verification file for the Vivobook.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Newbie123
    Participant

And here are two different verification reports for the Asus PA279, one using the base profile for this monitor type (LCD GB-r-LED IPS ) and the other using a CCSS profile for this monitor from the database here.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Both seem ok. Choose the whiter one and try visual whitepoint editor on th other display. If Asus is the whitier one maybe Xrite’s RGB OLED CCSS is not a good match for that display.

Anyway if you use LUT3D, do not use abs colorimetric on the one you tweaked to have a visual match (the one that is not a “white reference”), use relative whitepoint when making LUT3D, otherwise your visually chosen white will be undone.

Newbie123
    Participant

When you say whiter you mean that I should choose the monitor I perceive is displaying the most neutral white?  Is there any tutorial of doing this process by any chance?  And thanks for the warning.

Vincent
    Participant

When you say whiter you mean that I should choose the monitor I perceive is displaying the most neutral white?

Yes, then try to match the less whiter visually.

Is there any tutorial of doing this process by any chance?  And thanks for the warning.

IDNK

Newbie123
    Participant

Ok, thank you. The one issue I am having is that even when I set the Whitepoint to Chromaticity coordinates I don’t see any button for the white point editor popping up? Perhaps I am missing something but I don’t see any button.

Vincent
    Participant

On color temperature, three circles icon on the right, next to circle icon for ambient light measurement.

Newbie123
    Participant

Ok, I found it! One question, when you say not to use absolute but to use relative, you mean under the tone curve tab?

Vincent
    Participant

No I mean use relative whitepoint (=do not change how it looks) “if you make a LUT3D” for madVR, Resolve or DWMLUT.

Veridot
    Participant

I own a vivobook pro with a  15″ 1920×1080 60hz oled display, unfortunately no usable ccss correction profile is available. (Atna56yx03-0).

Does the spd of the 15.6 oled display atna56ac01-0 2880×1620 120hz  differ significantly from  the one of my screen?

Thx

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Veridot.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS