Basic calibration using SpyderX Pro

Home Forums Help and Support Basic calibration using SpyderX Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

luca7
    Participant

I’m wondering if someone can give me some guidance on how to calibrate my monitor that I use for photo editing.

The monitor I have is a P2319H (IPS)

Here are the settings I used/ my questions: 

Mode: LCD white, output levels: auto, Correction > auto(none) 

• what does correction do, and why don’t any other correction show up with the SpyderX pro?
      • Someone had mentioned that I should return this and get an X-Rite i1 instead. Is it necessary to have a correction selected?

Whitepoint > color temperature > 6500k , White level> as measured, Black level > as measured 

• Should I have also set my white balance to as measured?

Profile type > XYZ LUT + matrix,  Testchart> auto optimized (175 patches) 

• When would one want to enable the 3D LUT?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

I’m wondering if someone can give me some guidance on how to calibrate my monitor that I use for photo editing.

The monitor I have is a P2319H (IPS)

Here are the settings I used/ my questions: 

Mode: LCD white, output levels: auto, Correction > auto(none) 

• what does correction do, and why don’t any other correction show up with the SpyderX pro?
      • Someone had mentioned that I should return this and get an X-Rite i1 instead. Is it necessary to have a correction selected?
    • It corrects colorimeter reading, since out of the box it is not accurate, it is not equal to std model of human vision. Without it readings are innacurate.
    • SpyderX is limited to a set of factory corrections unless you buy very expensive HW to correct it. i1d3 from Xrite support “distributed” corrections without YOU buying such expensive equipment

Whitepoint > color temperature > 6500k , White level> as measured, Black level > as measured 

• Should I have also set my white balance to as measured?
    • Whitepint = as measured => This tells app to do not correct white. You may not want that.

Profile type > XYZ LUT + matrix,  Testchart> auto optimized (175 patches) 

• When would one want to enable the 3D LUT?
    • Usually in a well behaved display a “single curve matrix” will do the job, with black point compensation.
    • LUT3D are used to created LUT3D. If you do not know where to use them thne that option is not meant for you.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

luca7
    Participant

Thanks for the response, I am wondering if X-Rite i1Display Studio (EODISSTU) would also work and be better than spyderx pro.

Would the X-Rite i1Display Studio allow me to do corrections?

Vincent
    Participant

All id3 colorimeter family supports CCSS/EDR corrections.
    AFAIK X-Rite i1Display Studio is the older colormunki display with the same USB unlock code so ArgyllCMS shpuld be able to use it.

Rainy
    Participant

I want to calibrate MacBook Pro 2017 using  DisplayCal and Spyder X Pro. Does this below tutorial could be use for calibrate MacBook Pro 2017 ?

Are there setting must be change ?

How to Calibrate Your Apple Mac Monitor

Thank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS