Bad calibration :(

Home Forums General Discussion Bad calibration :(

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Flyjac
    Participant

Hi all,

I have calibrate to screen: my Iiyama PC monitor, and my TV LG. I make it with an old Monaco Optix DTP94. The calibration works well, but when I compare my 2 screens, I don’t have the same color for same picture 🙁

The problem can be:

1. I do wrong when installing profile
    2. Calibration process doesn’t work
    3. My TV LG LW4500 is too bad to have correct colors
    4. My old calibration device is bad now

For 1) I check many times, I think it’s ok

For 2) If it works for others, it must works for me

For 3) it’s true that with the TV DisplayCAL give me only part of sRVB

For 4) I can read on internet some advice to change old calibration device

What do you think? And how can I found what is my problem?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Flyjac.

Mika
    Participant

Flyjac
    Participant

I did not, thanks for pointing it!

Now I have read it.

Not sure I understand all, but ok, as my TV don’t even cover sRGB, and I don’t want to limit my screen to sRGB or lower, I understand my 2 screens can give different colors for same original one.

I also understand that even for whitepoint it can be different because of something like human visual perception, different screen technologies, and maybe other things…

So, after that, how can I be sure my calibration is correct? No way to check I have do a correct job? How to be sure my old calibration device works well?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The DTP94 is a venerable, high quality instrument, uses glass filters (practically no degradation over time), but it was conceived in an era when CRTs where still around, and LCDs used CCFL backlighting. For that reason, without an accurate correction matrix, it is probably not suitable for most modern displays. You can search the online colorimeter correction database for a suitable correction (your TV and monitor probably both use white LED backlighting).

Flyjac
    Participant

Yes Florian, you certainly right, my DTP94 certainly doesn’t help to have a correct calibration…

Flyjac
    Participant

I finally find the problem, the problem was me 🙁

I was calibrating with withepoint “As mesured”, and of course withepoint was different on my 2 screens.

To disculp me, the option “As mesured” is default option for whitepoint calibration, and this parameter is not on the displayed default page when DisplayCal is started.

I think this is what mean “same chromaticity whitepoint target” in the FAQ, but I think it can be more clear to say same color temperature.

Hope this can help…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS