ASUS VS247H-P help

Home Forums Help and Support ASUS VS247H-P help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

conners SourceForge

Hello all, I bought the monitor a week or so ago, and dang it’s bright. So much so. it gave me headaches. So I bought a Spyder5 Express thingies hoping I could tone this thing down to a viewable level. Well software is limited as if I have to tell you peeps and were not satisficed with results. although were better.

After searching for a better solution I ran across this site that uses Argyll & dispcalGUI. Now I an not a photographer nor have the need to print photos. I do however have the need to have a monitor that doesn’t kill my eyes and have decent colors, brightness, contrast, and black levels. Just cause I don’t do photos doesn’t mean I don’t like true color on my monitor for gaming.

Any suggestion on what settings a peep should use? BTW I have done a few rough calibrations. I sometimes get various errors, such as incomplete runs, No calibration file has been created and so on. I do have one run that looks pretty good I am using now. I was using zeroinstall but it seemed to give the errors more so I deleted it and installed the regular one.

I would like it to be a little darker and colors still pop.

conners SourceForge

Just received this error at a 110 white level…
    Also how do you completely remove any residual file/saves from the system. Those seem hidden and are not deleted.

• This reply was modified on 2015-07-09 00:11:09 by conners.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, please attach your logfiles. See ReadMe for logfiles location as well as location of data files. Do not delete files yet before we have figured out the error as any files created may help in finding the problem.

• This reply was modified on 2015-07-09 00:14:22 by fhoech.

conners SourceForge

Here you go..

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There should be more than just one file. Best create a ZIP of the whole “logs” folder.

conners SourceForge

Sorry a noob here…

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks.
    Please go into the “Options” menu, “Set additional command line arguments” and make sure all fields are empty. This should resolve your issue.

conners SourceForge

Thank you for that. I had read somewhere on here it would resolve an issue I thought I was having…

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, I’ve updated that thread just now to make it clear that the proposed workaround is no longer needed. I think the error in your case came from a copy & paste glitch, you seem to have copied the leading quote (`) and that introduced the error.

conners SourceForge

Thanks again, it worked this time… A dang near perfect thingy…

However I would still like to know the file locations to completely remove all traces of this program… Also moving from a white level of 120 to 110 really helped me.

Not to mention you are truly a genius on this program…

• This reply was modified on 2015-07-09 03:12:00 by conners.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Data file locations are in the readme as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS