ASUS PA32U – 10 Bit “UHD Premium” vs. 8-Bit Dither. Rec. 2020?

Home Forums Help and Support ASUS PA32U – 10 Bit “UHD Premium” vs. 8-Bit Dither. Rec. 2020?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Zack
    Participant

Hey all,

I feel dumb asking, but I coulda sworn when I first started getting into color accuracy a few months back that I had read somewhere that a user should go with 8-bit dithering + DCI-P3 or Rec. 2020, etc. over using 10-bit color depth with…no profile option – at least through my display’s physical menu that’s the case. (It lists it as “HDR_UHD Premium”, under profile settings the usual Rec. 2020, P3, etc. are blacked out and I have choices under HDR at least – HDR_Asus, PQ1000, HLG donno if that makes any difference for me)

My DisplayCal 8-bit dithered Rec. 2020 ICC Profile is still active in windows color management…I think? If that is the case, I am imagining that the lack of display monitor profile option is a non-issue and I should just recalibrate now that I have 10-bit color on and that recal’d profile will be the awesome sauce(iest) color I can get – y/n?

I had to drop from 4K 60hz to 4K 30hz for 10-Bit to work w/ my RTX 3070 if that matters…to my knowledge, nah. I don’t game…just using this for editing photos/watching videos primarily but also editing vids (rarely) too.

Thanks for any/all help lads & lasses!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS