ASUS PA279Q + Colormunki display @ Firefox

Home Forums Help and Support ASUS PA279Q + Colormunki display @ Firefox

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

35OL
    Participant

I had Asus PA279Q wide gamut lcd monitor, and calibration by Colormunki display,

All photos color seems perfect include Photoshop、ACDSee、C1 Pro、FastPicture Viewer、Firefox、Windows Picture Viewer.

But there is a problem, when I open Firefox, color management enable, use mode 1 (Enable management for all image), all photos are good except content,eg. interface、icon、text、hyperlink …. , there is low saturate;

and if I change Firefox CM from mode 1 to mode 2 (only image with icc tags), the photos color same with mode 1, and the webpage content contain more saturate, I think this is normal color.

Do I set it wrong ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Your display has a wide color gamut (in its native or AdobeRGB modes), thus Firefox CM mode 1 (treat all untagged webpage colors as sRGB) is the correct option.

if I change Firefox CM from mode 1 to mode 2 (only image with icc tags), the photos color same with mode 1, and the webpage content contain more saturate, I think this is normal color.

No, in this mode Firefox doesn’t color manage most webpage colors (only tagged images). On a wide-gamut display, they will look incorrectly over-saturated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS