Applying profiles on Fedora 24

Home Forums Help and Support Applying profiles on Fedora 24

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bediaa
    Participant

Installed DisplayCAL and did a calibrate and profile for my laptop screen using a Color Munki Display.

Get this in the terminal:

About to open dispwin object on the display
    About to clear the calibration
    About to install ‘DH091-156WF1 #1 2016-07-27 05-29 100cdm² D5500 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc’ as display’s default profile
    Argyll ‘V1.8.3’ Build ‘Linux 64 bit’ System ‘Linux #1 SMP Tue Jul 12 11:50:00 UTC 2016 4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64 x86_64’
    Dispwin: Error – Failed to install profile ‘DH091-156WF1 #1 2016-07-27 05-29 100cdm² D5500 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc’!
    /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/DisplayCAL/colord.py:83: Warning: property match ‘OutputEdidMd5’=’2f16ccd449b5575d65435656d5fb3cb3’ does not exist
    The profile could not be installed/activated.

and the graphical program throws this up:

This happens if I try to install for current user only and for system wide. Help?

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

are you using Argyll CMS from the distribution repositories? If so, try using the official binaries from argyllcms.com instead.

bediaa
    Participant

sorry for the delay. this kind of got put on the back burner. I guess I was using the ones from the repos. How do you install the official ones?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

How do you install the official ones?

It’s as easy as downloading & extracting, then choosing “Locate Argyll CMS executables…” in DisplayCAL’s “File” menu.

bediaa
    Participant

I have no real excuse for not noticing that. Thanks for the heads up. Everything works now.

Is there a reason why argyllcms is broken in repos? Is this something that upstream has been notified as being a problem?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there a reason why argyllcms is broken in repos?

I don’t know what distributions are doing, but Fedora especially has been known for recurring breakage as they make sometimes incompatible changes to the upstream version. The safest bet therefore is usually to simply use the pristine upstream binaries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS