Am I doing this correctly?

Home Forums Help and Support Am I doing this correctly?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

So, knowing that I have a screen that is 8 bits only, and the LUT table of the GTX 980 seems to be also only 8 bits, and the panel have some issues on the top 4 values and the low 4 values at any brightness. What I did was to take a reading of the uncalibrated display and write down the low and high brightness points.  Which are 0.1414 and 151.4

So I selected on the calibration to use a specific black point of 0.17 and 148 as I don’t know how to calculate exactly what should be to not use the lower 4 and the higher 4 values or RGB. Should this help once the LUT is loaded to avoid using those parts of the display where is doing weird things?

Acordind to Calman the average error after calibration is under DeltaE 1. With most of the errors on the top and bottom.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Well, I’m not sure if I’m doing it correctly, but after calibration full white is white but the immediate value down is pink with a DeltaE of over 3. A very simple, calibration with the ColorMunki Photo software is giving me much better result both in the lower and higher ends.

Is there anything I can upload that can help understanding why I’m getting pink whites with yiur calibration and not with the much simpler ColorMunki software or even with Calman? The free version does not let me save but it does let me calibrate and compare before and after.

Thanks.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there anything I can upload that can help understanding why I’m getting pink whites with yiur calibration and not with the much simpler ColorMunki software or even with Calman?

Sure, just attach the profile (use the small “Create compressed archive” button next to “Settings” to package it up).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS