Advice wanted by a beginner on colorimeter corrections file

Home Forums Help and Support Advice wanted by a beginner on colorimeter corrections file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Colin Paul Adams
    Participant

Hello,

I just had my ColorMunki Display delivered today,  I’m trying to cailbrate my laptop’s display as practice before I try to calibrate my desktop monitor (which is the one I really care about).

My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad U410. On the isplay & intrument tab, DisplayCAL  gives the display identifier as B140XTNO2.3 . If I pull down the Correction widget, I don’t see anything whose description stands out as one i should select (but I’m rather ignorant about displays, so there may be one that is relevant.

I tried looking in the Colorimeter Corrections Database. There is nothing under Lenovo that looks relevant, but if I search for B140XT it comes up with B140XTTO1.0  by AU Optronics (which is suitable for ColorMunki Display).  I have no idea if it would be a good idea to try this one. How does one judge?

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

If I pull down the Correction widget, I don’t see anything whose description stands out as one i should select

This depends on the display and backlight technology. Very likely the correct choice for you is “Spectral: White LED”.

Colin Paul Adams
    Participant

How do I find out what the technology is? The Lenovo website just says:

“14-Inch HD Display
    The 14″ LED backlit HD display delivers bright, crisp visuals in 16:9 widescreen.”

Anyway, I do not see a choice that looks like exactly like that one. The nearest I see is “Spectral: LCD White LED IPS (WLED AC LG Samsung)”. I’m guessing that the TN in B140XTN02.3 means it is Tn technology, not IPS.

Colin Paul Adams
    Participant

Anyway, selecting that choice worked reasonably well, I think.

I guess it will be even more appropriate for my DELL P2415Q monitor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS