Acer Predator XB271HU

Home Forums General Discussion Acer Predator XB271HU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DanielThomas
    Participant

Hello friends, I’m Daniel a game lover. I want to upgrade my gaming monitor and i think to buy Acer Predator XB271HU. But before buying the monitor I want to know about it like it’s features, working etc. Can anyone tell me about this? Thanks in advance?

Lockjaw333
    Participant

I’m not sure exactly what you are looking for. I own this monitor and have thoroughly profiled and calibrated it with a colormunki display colorimeter (i1 display pro). Though every panel is different, even within the same monitor model, I can give you some objective feedback on the quality of the display from my testing and calibration.

On my panel, the native white point on default settings (“Warm” color temperature) is about 6700K. Contrast ratio is about 1200:1 (very good for an IPS like display). The default gamma is also very good, it sticks very close to the gamma 2.2 curve except in the lower end where its slightly too low (too bright). Therefore shadow detail is sort of unnaturally pronounced and visible. For gaming though, this isn’t really a bad thing. The monitor is way too bright at the default value of 80 for brightness, I have my brightness at 35 which yield about 140 cd/m2. The monitor does have some significant color inaccuracies, but only in a few colors. I have a DeltaE of over 5 for one red shade and a few blue shades. The rest of the colors including the grayscale are below 1 which is excellent. The monitor is very good out of the box.

After calibration with my colormunki display and the DisplayCal software, the results are excellent. White point is close to 6500K the gamma curve is extremely accurate and sticks to the 2.2 reference curve, and the DeltaE for all colors is in the range of 0.5 and below save for the few problematic blue shades that are around 1.5-2, which isn’t that big of a deal. The contrast ratio drops a bit after calibration (as expected), but its still about 1100:1 which is great for the panel technology.

Its definitely a panel suitable for color critical work. I primarily just game, but I appreciate accurate colors so I purchased a colorimeter. However you don’t really need to, its fairly accurate out of the box.

Hope that helps 🙂

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Pneumatic
    Participant

I have the XB271HU.  Mine tracks 2.1 gamma at pretty much all stimulus levels, and that’s the highest I can get from it so the picture is kind of washed out and low contrast.    White balance looks too warm to me; the Cool preset looks closer to neutral white to my eyes, and even still it looks a little warm.    Can’t trust my i1d2 for accurate colour measurements, only brightness, so I have no way of telling what the actual white balance is.     After calibration it’s a lot better, I’m using 2.2 for day and 2.4 for night, via the video card gamma table.   White balance is best set at the monitor as it preserves the windows mouse cursor colour and doesn’t cause banding (though I still have banding as a result of using the video card gamma table).   Panel uniformity is fine.   Not anywhere near perfect, but not particularly objectionable either.  No serious issues with backlight bleeding, just the expected “IPS glow” that all IPS monitors have.

Not a fan of the stand , doesn’t go high enough for me and looks ugly imo.   On a monitor arm it’s a lot better.    The thin bezel is nice.

Yeah I would recommend it, but only with calibration.

namefaceguy
    Participant

I have the xb270hu which is the exact same screen.  Only the bezel is different.  My experience is the same as the ones above.  I like using the monitors built in 2.5 gamma mode for night because it’s much better in a dim room.  The monitor really shines with 3d luts in reshade.  Just don’t use rec 1886 since it will be washed out like crazy.  I’ve been experimenting with  black output offset and have found that 92%- 98% seems to give really good results.  I prefer 95% to 100% though.   Colors really shine when it’s a little brighter but I find that the black don’t look right in my dim room until I go to about 17 brightness.  It’s a little dark but when my eyes adjust it looks almost as good as with higher brightness and the blacks are once again inky.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS