A little confustion with my Colormunki Display

Home Forums Help and Support A little confustion with my Colormunki Display

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mokona512
    Participant

Upon completing the setup of DisplayCAL 3.1, I had it import the correction data, and everything seemed to go fine, though there is not much guidance on what to select, and “Auto” just finds nothing.

My current display setup is uncommon and not ideal, (I have an IPS and a TN panel) Asus VS229, and Asus VS228.

The issue is getting a decent calibration on my displays, and hopefully get better results than with the sock software.
    My plan is to have it do a calibration on the IPS panel, then I manually adjust the settings on my VS228 display as the meter does not work with it (almost completely kills the blue channel, causing a horrible color cast)

The stock software works decently (color munki software), but it does cause things to look a little washed out.

The current best ICC profile that I was able to get so far is attached, though the contrast is not as good as I would like.

I would like to see if there is a way to figure out what to do in order to ensure a proper calibration so that i can have a good idea of what to target for a manual cal of my second display (for my current IPS panel, I have the TN panel manually set to look pretty close).

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Mokona512.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Asus VS229, and Asus VS228

Both appear to use white LED backlight.

for my current IPS panel, I have the TN panel manually set to look pretty close

In this case you would set calibration tone curve in DisplayCAL to “as measured” when profiling the TN panel.

Mokona512
    Participant

Thanks, I got a decent calibration on my IPS panel. tried the as measured functions for the TN panel, and it did not work well, but i managed to manually adjust the settings to get it fairly close to my IPS panel in terms of overall tone.  Overall, the colorimeter seems to hate my VS228,  If I adjust both displays until the brightness looks about the same, and at a comfortable level, it will read the VS229 as around 120 while the VS228 would be seen as 90, and if I increase the brightness to get it to read 120, then it is painfully bright.

-=-==-=–=-==-=-=-

Sorry to change the topic a little, but will this software also allow the colormunky to calibrate a projector (since the stock software allows it)?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If I adjust both displays until the brightness looks about the same, and at a comfortable level, it will read the VS229 as around 120 while the VS228 would be seen as 90, and if I increase the brightness to get it to read 120, then it is painfully bright.

In this case you should trust your eyes over the colorimeter readings.

Sorry to change the topic a little, but will this software also allow the colormunky to calibrate a projector (since the stock software allows it)?

Yes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS