99% sRGB screen

Home Forums General Discussion 99% sRGB screen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MarcioSilva
    Participant

Hi guys!

So a couple years ao i got a 4K screen for non-photographic purposes, recently i’ve been moving to use it for photography so i got myself a Spyder5 calibrator and used DisplayCal to calibrate the screen, the thing is that it only shows that the screen has 82% of sRGB, when the model says it covers 99% ( LG 27ud58-b ).

I will attach a link for a dropbox folder with a screenshot of it and an HTML file with the actual 3D object to manipuilate if you want more detail.

Could this be a faulty unit or i just messed up something on DisplayCal (its my first time using it so that may be it).

Thank you all for your input!

Folder -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5w3346e1blwdz1/Ultra%20HD%20%231%202018-05-21%2018-27%202.2%20F-S%20XYZLUT%2BMTX%20%5BA%5D%20vs%20sRGB%20%5BA%5D.x3d.html?dl=0

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So a couple years ao i got a 4K screen for non-photographic purposes, recently i’ve been moving to use it for photography so i got myself a Spyder5 calibrator and used DisplayCal to calibrate the screen, the thing is that it only shows that the screen has 82% of sRGB, when the model says it covers 99% ( LG 27ud58-b ).

German review site prad.de measured around 88% sRGB coverage for the 27UD58P-B, which looks like a more recent model of the same display (but otherwise virtually identical judging from the spec sheet comparison). Make sure you use the Spyder5’s white LED measurement mode on these monitors.

MarcioSilva
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i had used white LED settings for this one, i guess its just misleading information from the seller, its a shame i dont have the receipt still or i would definitely refund it! – Oh well, you live and you learn..

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS