3D LUT for Resolve – color shift in export

Home Forums Help and Support 3D LUT for Resolve – color shift in export

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Fryderyk
    Participant

Hello everyone,

my problem is that I continuously get exports with different contrast and a color shift out of Resolve 12.5.

I created a 3D LUT for the Resolve GUI color viewer on a display that is part of the desktop. I followed every step of the workflow on wiki. Of course I disabled the „Apply calibration (vcgt)”. So the calibration wasn’t applied twice.

I’ve exported prores 4444, prores 422, h.264 quicktimes and opened them in QuickTime, VLC and MPV. I also exported tiff’s. And I put them on the same monitor side-by-side (LG 31MU97Z-B). I supose that on the same monitor, in the same color space, the images should look the same.

I’ve made an experiment: I’ve imported exported files back to Resolve and all scopes look like the same as the original image.

Can anyone point me toward a solution?

Fryderyk

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Fryderyk.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

QuickTime is color managed, but always uses 1.96 gamma, so will never match BT.1886 (or any gamma other than 1.96). VLC and MPV don’t look like their output is color managed, and in the case of VLC I’m not even sure it supports color management at all. MPV has command line switches to enable color managed output as far as I know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS