3D LUT Conversion?

Home Forums General Discussion 3D LUT Conversion?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Xavier Rodrigues
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    First of all I would like to say that I am a layman in this area, but I came across a question that maybe for someone more experienced is simple.
    I started to use the KODI media center and by tweaking the settings I found the option to use 3D LUT files (I imagine that it is to modify the appearance of the videos). So I downloaded some custumized 3D LUT files from the internet. Files that are copies, or imitate, color profiles used in famous movies. The problem is that the format of these profiles are in (3DL, CUBE and LOOK), but KODI only accepts the format (.3dlut). I searched extensively for some method to convert agum from these formats (3DL, CUBE and LOOK) to (.3dlut) but I did not find anything. And then I saw that I had this forum and I decided to try, at least to know if this conversion is possible? And if possible how to do it? Any tutorial?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Thank you.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

While conversion of the mentioned text-based 3D LUT formats into binary madVR .3dlut format should be technically possible, I don’t know of a software that offers such a conversion.

Xavier Rodrigues
    Participant

Many thanks for the reply. I understand. I also found no way to do this conversion. I’ll be aware, if you find any method for such a process, I’ll post it here, in case someone has this same intention.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS