LUT File from two Profile Files???

Home Forums General Discussion LUT File from two Profile Files???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

stekohl
    Participant

Hello Forum,

I am Stephan and I have the following problem.

We use a video system with a specially adapted SDI monitor (endoscope) in our medical technology company. Now we use our system in an X-ray room and have to display our video image on the monitor of the X-ray system. This is an EIZO Wide Gammut monitor, which is optimized for displaying X-ray images. The manufacturer of the X-ray equipment does not care much about our display problems on their monitor and only provides us with an SDI input.
    Now I would take an AJA LUT box and adjust the spectrum with a customized LUT file. To do this, I would create a profile file from our monitor and the EIZO monitor using DisplayCal and then calculate a LUT file from this. Is this possible with DISPLAY Cal?

Greetings, Stephan

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Vincent
    Participant

There are some assumptions that may make that not possible.
    Does medical display recieve image from OS desktop or from a dedicated card form Eizo (even rebranded Quadros)? something similar to Resolve + decklinks for video grading
    If that is happening you should rely on RadiCS software.
    Even if you can show OS desktop, probably you should stick to RadiCS and presets for medical imaging (certification and such)

But let’s say that you want to play some video in some typical colorspace (not DICOM medical imaging or such) like Rec709***  on some widgeamut display that is able to show OS desktop, so it can be profiled in the ususal way. Then you make a LUT3D with typical procedure, source: video colorspace, target display colorspace (colorspace preset/slot where you are going to use to play Rec709 video). Beware color conversions made by video player, this external LUT3D setup will work only if video player outputs to GPU video signal that its meant to be show on a Rec709 display or TV.
    Remember to switch back to medical imaging preset once you end playing the video and to undo/disable the video preset you created in your external LUT3D.

*** for example some Rec709 video for training people or something like that, so show it on site

Vincent
    Participant

“If that is happening you should rely on RadiCS software.” => If medical imaging contents are shown from an specific GPU output of your system to the Eizo, and no OS desktop is ever seen on that display
    (for clarification since once I read it, it looked ambiguous.

stekohl
    Participant

So, we feed in a SDi 12G signal, we convert to 3G HD, because the Windows manager can only do HD DVI.
    We generate the video image with our own video processor that is matched to our monitor.
    In this case, however, we have to do without our monitor (Sony rebranded) and use the X-ray manufacturer’s EIZO. It routes our signal and our signal to a video switch with PIP function, proerbitary manufacturer. Picture format, brightness, not great, but the color is bad. I can’t get any further with simple color saturation. I would therefore like to create two profile files (for our monitor and the X-ray manufacturer’s monitor). And as I said, I thought DisplayCal could create a LUT for me. It’s not about 1000’tel of a color channel, but a reasonable representation would be great.
    Can DisplayCal create a LUT from two profiles?

Greets Stephan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS