Instrument fails (LinuxMint ColorMunki Display)

Home Forums Help and Support Instrument fails (LinuxMint ColorMunki Display)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jan Niklas Fingerle
    Participant

Hi,

after upgrading to the newest version of LinuxMint and DisplayCal3 I tried to recalibrate my screens using my ColorMunki Display. This worked in the past on that usb port, still I retried all other ports, which didn’t help.

I can’t make much sense of the attached log. If someone could point me into the right direction, that would be very nice,

Cheers, Jan Niklas

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Jan Niklas Fingerle
    Participant

2nd try uploading. Log files seem prone to allow attacks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I can’t make much sense of the attached log.

Me neither unfortunately, the log doesn’t seem to contain an error message. Try updating Argyll CMS to the latest version (1.8.3), 1.5.1 is relatively old.

Jan Niklas Fingerle
    Participant

Hi,

thanks. I mistakenly assumed that the newest DisplayCAL comes with a current (bundled) version of Argyll CMS. Since the current version of LinuxMint is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, this explains the older version of Argyll. As it turns out, I didn’t have to go the whole way (which would have meant compiling Argyll CMS by myself), but could use the ppa provided by Pascal de Bruijn (whom I have to trust anyway, since I use his darktable packages – ppa:pmjdebruijn/argyll-testing) for Argyll 1.6.3 which already solved my problem.

In hindsight I believe that it was probably the change “Changed i1d3 driver to be more forgiving of EEProm checksum calculation, so that it works with the latest release “A-02″ rev. i1 display pro & colormunki display instruments, as well as improving its robustness in the face of errors.” (version 1.6.2) in Argyll CMS that caused this problem.

So, thanks for the help, and hopefully the provided information may help others in the future.

Cheers, Jan Niklas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS