Instrument connectivity issues with USB 3.0

Home Forums Help and Support Instrument connectivity issues with USB 3.0

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Some people have reported connectivity issues over USB 3.0. These would usually manifest themselves through instruments not being found, or randomly disconnecting even if seemingly working fine for some time. From all information that is known about these issues, they seem to be related to USB 3.0, not related to software as the vendor software is also affected, and they seem to occur irrespective of operating system or device drivers.
    The underlying issue seems to be that while USB 3.0 has been designed to be backwards compatible with USB 2.0, some USB 2 devices do not seem to work reliably when connected over USB 3.0. As currently available instruments with USB connectivity are usually USB 2 devices, they may be affected.

X-Rite has some information on the subject:
    https://www.xrite.com/colormunki-display/support/kb5605

A potential solution to such USB 3.0 connectivity issues is to connect the instrument to a USB 2.0 port (if available) or the use of an externally powered USB 2.0 hub.

Potentially affected instruments:

• Datacolor Spyder1/2/3/4/5
    • X-Rite ColorMunki Create
    • X-Rite ColorMunki Design/Photo
    • X-Rite ColorMunki Display/i1 Display Pro (i1D3)
    • X-Rite ColorMunki Smile
    • X-Rite DTP92, DTP94
    • X-Rite/GretagMacbeth i1 Display 1/2/LT
    • X-Rite/GretagMacbeth i1 Pro
    • X-Rite i1 Pro 2
    • X-Rite/GretagMacbeth/Pantone Huey

If you find your instrument is affected and not in the list, please let me know.

• This topic was modified on 2015-06-20 17:34:06 by fhoech.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Instrument connectivity issues with USB 3.0’ is closed to new replies.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS