How to adjust gamma alone?

Home Forums Help and Support How to adjust gamma alone?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Daegun
    Participant

Since the Creators Update, even the Windows calibration does not reload after quitting a game. Clicking the “Reload current calibrations” button does not do anything.

That’s not ideal but somewhat relieving, because that makes it less likely to be a bug in the DisplayCAL profile loader.

Try this: Close the DisplayCAL profile loader, then open its config file (%APPDATA%\Roaming\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.ini) in a plain text editor (i.e. Notepad). Add a line profile_loader.buggy_video_drivers = nvidia (I’m assuming the nVidia card shows up in device manager as “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080”, if not, pick another keyword from the driver string, case does not matter). This will enable the videoLUT loading hack that’s normally only active for Intel. Save and close the config file, then start the profile loader. Does it help? You should see a message “Buggy video driver detected: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.” in the profile loader logfile (%APPDATA%\Roaming\DisplayCAL\logs\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.log), confirming that the videoLUT loading hack is active.

I have sort of a similar issue. I already implemented this hack, but it doesn’t solve my problem. When I use certain full screen games (Starcraft 2) and programs that use a lot of CPU/GPU resources (CAD software), the brightness of my display dims slightly when I return to desktop. As soon as I lower my brightness one notch, it brightens and returns to normal. I don’t know if this is related to gamma or my backlight. Do you have any insight into this?

Daegun
    Participant

I found out that my problem was auto-dimming when I had dark images/programs running, nothing to do with gamma. Anyway, I attempted literally every single proposed solution, but only one thing worked for me.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/window-10-brightnessdimming-cant-turn-off/cc1bec83-b151-44e4-92a9-42d740a6e540

“Not sure if someone else posted this yet, but there is a POWERCFG command you can run in powershell to set the display dimming setting to 0, essentially disabling it.”

Here’s the command with aliases instead of GUIDs:

POWERCFG /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEODIM 0

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS