Fail to install profile

Home Forums Help and Support Fail to install profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Stefan
    Participant

Hi, I am new to Display Cal, tried it the first time today.

Calibration works, but the profile cannot be installed for some reason (see attached error message), so the whole thing does not work. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Stefan (Kubuntu 15.10, Spider5Express, DisplayCal 3.1.1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, this means colord is probably not properly configured or disabled. It is not possible (AFAIK) to use colord under the following conditions:

• The display driver doesn’t support a new enough version of XrandR (e.g. some older nVidia binary vendor drivers). In this case it can help to switch to an open source driver (e.g. noveau).
    • There is no colord-aware session daemon (although this should be part of at least a moderately modern Gnome-based desktop, and there’s also a KDE version called colord-kde. I’m not sure about the state of XFCE, although there is a desktop-agnostic session daemon called xiccd that could be used).

Klaas Wiedijk
    Participant

Hi, I get the same error message, however I assign the profile to the relevant packages (i.e. Gimp etc.) by hand. I do get the error message although I’ve got colord-kde installed. It might be that colord-kde is still in some sort of ‘development’ phase.

Cheers, Klaas.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve got colord-kde installed. It might be that colord-kde is still in some sort of ‘development’ phase.

That could be. I’ve had varying levels of success with it under different KDE desktops (under openSUSE it seems to work, but as always YMMV).

Klaas Wiedijk
    Participant

Actually, in my distribution (PCLinuxOS) colord-gtk is also in the repositories; most likely that is the package to use with XFCE. Which after all is a GTK (as opposed to QT) desktop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS