EIZO CG2700X bad uniformity?

Home Forums General Discussion EIZO CG2700X bad uniformity?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Marko82
    Participant

I will attached a report with”additional statistic” should I do tool–>report–>measurement report or just a “verification”?

PS
    Do you confirm putting CS2731for testing only correction CCSS file into correction of display cal is correct.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Marko82.

Marko82
    Participant

Hi Vincent I make again calibration with calibrite, forging EDS and attached CN7 report pdf file and Displaycal Verification  in html.

I hope finally I understood how to share correctly measurement data instead of partial screenshots.

Do tou think is there something wrong with my measurement procedure and/or with my display or colorimeter?

in Displaycal report Maximum ΔICtCp 29.43 is something wrong?

regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Marko82
    Participant

finally I took two screen pictures of a black  screen and dark room

I do not if is there any stantard  shutter values to photograph a screen to let defect like bleedin and IPS glow  comparable .

Same picture camera on tripod  at 0Ev and  -3 EV 6500K native jpg just cropped end resized

opening at 100% i can see also some red and blue pixel hoping not a problem of  my brand new camera, eos r5)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

atagunov
    Participant

the file EDS I used should be for CG319X

• What is the name of the .edr file that you have replaced in CN?
      Was it “RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12_CG319X.edr”?
    • The name of the file that you have downloaded from Google drive is “RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12_CG319X.edr”
    • The file inside the .zip that Vincent pointed to is “RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12_CN7_MOD.edr”

As you can see the name of the file in each case includes CG391X.
    However this does not necessarily mean the file was obtained by measuring CG391X.
    The files are named that way simply because they are inteded to replace that file originally shipped with CN.
    As a programmer I’d call that a “hack”, but a good one.

The information on which monitor had been measured for each file comes from the forum posts to which the files are attached.
    I have found both posts and I think Stuart said

• the Google drive file was obtained by measuring CG2420
    • the file inside the .zip was obtained by measuring CS2731

So neither matches your model 100%.
    This is where guesswork starts: which one should be a better match for your monitor?

Me and you – we’re not that experienced, our guess is only worth that much.
    Vincent’s guess is worth a lot more.

I would hypothesize that both EDR files are a good match to CG2700x.

From my point of view the advantage of the EDR inside the .zip is that it comes with an equivalent CCSS.
    So having that pair of files in your hand you should be able to make CN and DC “see the monitor identically”
    and then calibration done via CN will validate as being correct by DC.

It is interesting that Stuart said “I will try and do the CG series next” in Jan 2022. I imagine you could respond to one of his posts on LiftGammaGain and ask if he produced any other EDR and/or CCSS for EIZO apart from those 2 we know about. You could ask specifically about your model too. Of course his instance of monitor and your instance might be slightly different , however this is the closest we can get to being precise within our budgets.

P.S. I am finding it really really hard to understand the difficulty you have with downloading the .zip. Visit liftgammagain. Make sure it shows your name in top right. If not log in. Search for “EIZO CS2731 – Calibration issues” topic. Visit 1st page of the topic. Find the post with the correct .zip  attached. Download. It works for Vincent and me. Why wouldn’t it for you?…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by atagunov.

Marko82
    Participant

EDIT:

yes just tested that  hot pixel are due to mirrorless camera sensor and not to monitor display…not sure if the ips glow is normal or unavoidable for a premium panel or not.

atagunov
    Participant

finally I took two screen pictures … i can see also some red and blue pixel

Do you see this with your naked eye under any conditions?
    It’s your call if you see any defects that warrant a display return or if there is nothing that you can discern.
    My hunch is trust the eye more and camera less when assessing the screen for defects: light leaks, weird color casts on the fringes etc.
    But then I’m more of a novice than you 🙂

Marko82
    Participant

lly really hard to understand the difficulty you have with downloading the .zip. Visit liftgammagain. Make sure it shows your name in top right. If not log in. Search for “EIZO CS2731 – Calibration issues” topic. Visit 1st page of the topic. Find the post with the correct .zip  attached. Download. It works for Vincent and me. Why wouldn’t itHi  for you?…

Hi Atagunov!  actually i finally got the registration  confirmation  from liftgammagain and downloaded the compressed folder and already made measurement shared on previous post.

About cg2700X if I translated it correctly, Stuart said somewere on that  forum it finish his collaboration with eizo so probably and unfortunately he will never  produce any updated EDS

atagunov
    Participant

Ok, I see. BTW your latest DC report looks prefect to me, do you still have any concerns?

As far as I can see you have downloaded Stuart’s zip (measurements of CS2731), used EDR with CN7 and CCSS with DC. You calibrated with CN7 and validated with DC. Because DC now sees the monitor same way as CN7 (EDR and CCSS match) the report shows very fine numbers. Does anything still bother you?

Marko82
    Participant

Reply To: Eizo cs2420 uniformity
    Vincent ‘-15% is expected even on an Eizo…” you meant also for the cg series? If I am right mine has max 10% so inside the tollerance…is it right?
    I’m ask that because belong the instrument reading i see like a sort of reddish halo especially when the black is total on the upper left corner… waht o mean is that visually it doesn’t look so perfect just spannometrically speaking but maybe it’s because of my too hight expectation or due to the polarizing film but.
    I would just to be sure it was just my suggestion before the 15 day return period expired.

Yes, I can see it with the naked eye and I took the picture just to confirm it.
    But it only happens with a completely black background which is rare but could happen in some b/w and color images in post production.
    Sure I could live with it, but honestly I thought I shouldn’t compromise by buying a top range panel. The Benq 32″ had too little contrast but visually I don’t have any obvious problems like that…I think it wouldn’t buy 90% of the situation and I don’t know if retourn it could probably get a similar or worse panel.

Vincent
    Participant

I will attached a report with”additional statistic” should I do tool–>report–>measurement report or just a “verification”?

PS
    Do you confirm putting CS2731for testing only correction CCSS file into correction of display cal is correct.

No need to reprat verification… all combo boxes in HTML report read data in HTML report, they are self contanied.

Hi Vincent I make again calibration with calibrite, forging EDS and attached CN7 report pdf file and Displaycal Verification  in html.

I hope finally I understood how to share correctly measurement data instead of partial screenshots.

Do tou think is there something wrong with my measurement procedure and/or with my display or colorimeter?

It is perfect.

in Displaycal report Maximum ΔICtCp 29.43 is something wrong?

regards

If you had taken a look on which color it is happening and what I wrote before you’ll kno what it means.
    It is the difference between fake infinite contrast (perfect 0 nit  black) stored in display profile and actual black.

Don’t care about it.

Vincent
    Participant

the file EDS I used should be for CG319X

I would hypothesize that both EDR files are a good match to CG2700x.

Yes… if it is a WLED PFS, an easy test (creating a CCSS with his munki photo) that marko seems reductant to do.

So he is making us spend time for no reason.

Marko82, instead of guessing which CCSS is best… just measure CG2700X spectral power distribution with your munki photo (3nm , high res mode) and share it.

From my point of view the advantage of the EDR inside the .zip is that it comes with an equivalent CCSS.
    So having that pair of files in your hand you should be able to make CN and DC “see the monitor identically”
    and then calibration done via CN will validate as being correct by DC.

Yes, it will make the two apps measure the same.

In the same way if some of us had a monitor with HW cal which vendor does not supply with correct EDR and you want to validate IF USING THE SAM WRONG correction grey us calibrated properly (grey a*b* range) you can use the same wrong correction in DisplayCAL.
    Or testing if using the same wrong correction the app oversimplified whiet point calibration and you end with adrift (Dell for example)
    This kind of test show all the over simplifications made by HW calibration app on a display with little to none QC.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Vincent.

Vincent
    Participant

Reply To: Eizo cs2420 uniformity
    Vincent ‘-15% is expected even on an Eizo…” you meant also for the cg series? If I am right mine has max 10% so inside the tollerance…is it right?
    I’m ask that because belong the instrument reading i see like a sort of reddish halo especially when the black is total on the upper left corner… waht o mean is that visually it doesn’t look so perfect just spannometrically speaking but maybe it’s because of my too hight expectation or due to the polarizing film but.
    I would just to be sure it was just my suggestion before the 15 day return period expired.

Yes, I can see it with the naked eye and I took the picture just to confirm it.
    But it only happens with a completely black background which is rare but could happen in some b/w and color images in post production.
    Sure I could live with it, but honestly I thought I shouldn’t compromise by buying a top range panel. The Benq 32″ had too little contrast but visually I don’t have any obvious problems like that…I think it wouldn’t buy 90% of the situation and I don’t know if retourn it could probably get a similar or worse panel.

If it exist on white field it could be measured b a grid. It was not.

But if you wish to stay with garbarge SW models…stay, before returning your CG2700X and going back you your benqs, please measure spectral power distribution on that CG2700X “review unit”, create a CCSS ans share it with comunity. It is the least you can do after the time we have spent.

In the past “somebody” vandalized colorimeter corrections comunity, “somebody” afiliated with Benq, he uploaded a LG 31um97 and faked text name to be the old SW 32″ UHD but same (IDENTICAL) spectral data and hash. It was deleted by Florian after pointing it out here in community.
    I’d expect that new trolls that try something like that in  the present … to be more “creative” making a fake CCSS.

Marko82
    Participant

vincent you are offensive. treat me like a moron but not like a crook.

Sorry if maybe I misunderstood and I really hope so but if you think I’m here to speak well of benq (monitor that I have already returned) and speak ill of eizo you are wrong and you are unfair.

You told me that there is no way to measure light bleeding when I told you that I see a sort of red halo if the environment is completely dark and I photographed it just to ask for an opinion

DisplayCAL uniformity test (or other app) do not include backlight leaks on black screen (bleeding)

it bleeding bothers you activate uniformity compensation, check contrast and if black level suits your task check bleeding again. It you donot find it acceptable for your task return the display.”

Would it worth to retorn the monitor ow will I probably get another with identical or even worst IPS glow issue?

Is it legit to ask or is it blasfeme against EIZO eminence?

I thought (wrongly?) that the top range eizo were visually perfect regardless of instrumental readings. Did I have too many expectations? Am I too picky or was I just unlucky and is it worth replacing?
    it’s a question not a criticism of a benq or wiewsonic infiltrator

(and to agree with the community like all the other more or less senseless measurements that I have made with the all bond

I said (and demonstrated!!) that I don’t know how to perform even the simplest operations and now you accuse me of not wanting to provide a measurement made with my munky and of not being grateful to the community?

Am I an infiltrator of benq? it seems that if you talk “bad” about EIZo in some way you get insults and dislikes.

You told me that EIZO does not provide an updated EDS due to rights issues and “cost” reason…well if it wasn’t for YOU  I wouldn’t know that, I would have to get a less accurate monitor for the amount spent and I don’t like this.

This doesn’t mean badmouthing EIZO means I’m a nurse and spent 3 months salaries to buy this EIZO and I’d want  a class A performance.

Sayng  that BENQ had less visible ipsglow does not mean speaking well of benq which in fact I returned and will not buy again even if it costs 1/3 of EIZO!

You are a very knowledgeable person and have been very helpful and available with me but you are very unkind too, beginners like me will always remain beginners if they are treated with all this arrogance.

I am comforted to know that even people like atagunov  who work in the IT sector find some things complex and thank you again for your kind words and help.

I spent several hours to understand how to make a so simply operation and now I’m going to try to do a ” spectral power distribution with your munki photo (3nm , high res mode)” but I do not how to do that!!(I am stupid  with any  informatic skills  and  it is unaceptable and should I desappear from the earth isn’t it?

if  I can made something usefull to you  I’ll be happy to provide those measurements but not out of a sense of duty to a community but because I love sharing what I can with those who share in turn, it’s politics and umanity not belonging to nerds rules.

“to be more “creative” making a fake CCSS.” …I can’t make a real one and you think I can make a fake one?

Marko82 wrote:I will attached a report with”additional statistic” should I do tool–>report–>measurement report or just a “verification”?

No need to reprat verification… all combo boxes in HTML report read data in HTML report, they are self contanied.

I do not the differences between “measurement report and “verification”  what doses mean your answer?  “No need to reprat verification… all combo boxes in HTML report read data in HTML report, they are self contanied.”

atagunov
    Participant

Hi Marco, let’s make peace not war 🙂 Vincent is a treasure and your conversation with him is overall helpful as well.  I certainly have learnt a lot following your journey. Don’t be discouraged and let us stay positive.

I spent several hours to understand how to make a so simply operation and now I’m going to try to do a ” spectral power distribution with your munki photo (3nm , high res mode)” but I do not how to do that!!(I am stupid  with any  informatic skills  and  it is unaceptable and should I desappear from the earth isn’t it?

I actually believe that this will be easy for you to do. It is indeed useful to do because currently we have two EDR files that likely match, but we don’t know how well they match and which one is closer. So let us do this step and find out. It may also help others who follow in your footsteps.

What Vincent is asking you to do is this

• connect Color Munki spectrophotometer to your computer
    • launch DisplayCal
    • click on the “Tools” menu at the top of the screen

I am little less clear what to do next but Vincent’s advice was

correction, create colorimeter correction, choose “spectral” type

So there is probably a “correction” item in that menu. Please click that and try to follow Vincent’s instructions further.

There should be an option in there somewhere to do the measurements in a “high precision mode” or something like that. Please activate it.

Here is what that is about: in this process your spectrophotometer will measure light emitted by your display. I believe it should do it 4 times: once for white and once for each primary. During each measurement the spectro will tell computer the intensity of the light at different wavelengths. Collected data is known as “spectra distribution”: e.g. how much there is light with this wavelength and how much with that. That is a lot of useful data. Spectrophotometers are powerful tools. Wavelengths will run approximately from 430nm to 740nm wavelengths. This is approximatley what we humans see. So in regular mode Color Munki will be giving you readings in 10nm steps, so about 32 numbers (I’m not sure exactly but smth like that: (740 – 430) / 10 ). However it is also possible to make it give readings each 3nm, so over 100 readings. This is known as “high precision mode”. It gives a little more information. In a way the data supplied at 3nm intervals e.g at “high precision” is less smooth, but for our purposes now it is okay.

BTW spectrophotometer is not a complex device internally. It splits the light into colors much like a prism does. I think it is using a narrow long gap to do that. Then this light split by color hits a long erray of photoelements. They are a little similar to photoelements in the sensor of your camera. The camera has a grid pattern of sorts. This is just a one-dimensional array. The spectro them reads intensity on each element and communicates it to the computer. It is possible to buid a DIY spectro too. The reason “real” ones are so expensive is precision: we know they give precise readings.

So this Color Munki has an array of about a 100 photsenstive elements. And so the 100 numbers it gives in high precision mode are just readings from each. In normal mode the data is smoothed a little, averaged. So we don’t get back 100 numbers but more like 30 of them.

As a result of your efforts you should build a new CCSS file.
    This CCSS file will be describing the backlight and to some extent color pigments of your monitor.
    This is exactly what Stuart did, this is how he obtained the CCSS file that you downloaded.
    Or possible he did something similar with different software.
    Then he coverted the CCSS to EDR.
    Or maybe his software gave him EDR and he converted to CCSS – that is simply a different format.
    CCSS is human readable, you can open them in notepad and read, see those 30 or 100 numbers.
    You can even put them into Excel and make Excel draw a chart – this is what Vincent is going to do once you send him the CCSS.
    There is a feely available tool I think for converstion between EDR and CCSS – though I currently don’t know which one it is.

So back on topic: Stuart used a very expensive and precise spectrophotometer, CR-300 I believe.
    So the CCSS he produced is very valuable.
    You can pair use it to correct i1d3 and thus make i1d3 rather precise.

The CCSS that you build with Color Munki unfortuantely will be nowhere as precise.
    It is not advisable to use it to correct i1d3 for that reason.
    But we shall be able to put data into Excel and see the overall shape of the data.
    This will enable us to compare it to the data in Stuart’s files and see which of Sturt’s files is closer to the results you obtain.

P.S. you probably know how your i1d3 is built inside? There are 3 color filters and 3 photosensitive elements behind them. So it reads light intensity from each of this and communicates to computer. That is all it does. Plus there is a memory chip and that chip rembers how sensitive the instrument is to each wavelengths. Data in CCSS describes at what wavelengths the monitor emits lights. The data in this chip describes now sensitive i1d3 is to each wavelengths. Your computer combines these pieces of data in order to learn how to interpret data communicated to the computer by i1d3 and how to convert it to color coordinates.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

We have 3 pages of this thread, 4 days old, it’s January 08, 2023 11:30 GMT and there is no spectral power distribution …

It’s funny since when somebody buys an spectro (which are not cheap) this is the first step when you test a new display or a new paper (on a munki the paper test it’s less likely because no UV source).
    Also it’s funny because this is one of the most useful information to potential buyers and only a few web reviews do that: this is the most common question over ALL threads here.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS