dispread: Error – new_disprd failed with 'Instrument Access Failed

Home Forums Help and Support dispread: Error – new_disprd failed with 'Instrument Access Failed

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No, not everybody is crap. But the software that comes with gaming motherboards, keyboards and mice (so called “enthusiast gaming gear”) is [1]. By the way, if you keep being a dick, I will just remove your posting ability. This is not reddit. Either follow etiquette or get the fuck out.

[1] https://twitter.com/gsuberland/status/1175570500292108289 (archive.org link: https://twitter.com/gsuberland/status/1175570500292108289)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Florian Höch. Reason: For reference

Clay
    Spectator

Thanks Florian for your reply below:

Florian Höch wrote:

No, not everybody is crap. But the software that comes with keyboards and mice (so called “enthusiast gaming gear”) is. By the way, if you keep being a dick, I will just remove your posting ability. This is not reddit. Either follow etiquette or get the fuck out.

Post Link: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/dispread-error-new_disprd-failed-with-instrument-access-failed/#post-23818

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum topic.

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

Clay
    Spectator

I will be sure to post your reply on all review sites today.

Clay
    Spectator

Go ahead and remove me, I will just create other accounts using my proxy

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Good riddance.

And apologies to everyone else for the disturbance.

AznDumbum
    Participant

If it helps, it seems any RGB related software could be the cause of the issue.

I went on a hunch and disable Alienware FX Display SmartInstaller Component Device under Software components in the Device Manager.

This allowed my device to work without any issues. Hope this helps everyone else.

baptiste
    Participant

Charming guy…
    I had a similar issue and solved it by killing the process vpixxserver. It’s from a company that sells a modified version of the X-Rite i1 Display so it is perhaps unsurprising that this process would take control of it.

Colorfan
    Participant

Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for their advice!

I was having this access failed issue with my new i1 Display Pro. My old i1 Display 2 worked fine (aside from terrible colors because its a 12 year old colorimiter). And yep, killing the Gigabyte AORUS app fixed it right up.

Thanks Gigabyte…

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

JPDoc
    Participant

Just set up a new machine to make a heavy deadline in vfx – because of the chip shortage I had to go with a motherboard that had a lot of silly rgb leds (I’m in no way a gamer), a Gigabyte Aorus xtreme  Trx40.  Like everyone above I found access to my xrite i1display3 blocked and was going nuts trying to track it down.  I finally found this thread, shut down the Gigabyte LED programme RGBfusion.exe and voila problem solved.

Just wanted to thank everyone here particularly Florian (who showed admirable restraint with the painful poster he ejected earlier) – I’d never had guessed that the LED software could be the cause on my own.  Dodgy software indeed . . .

SuspiciousPixel
    Participant

If it helps, it seems any RGB related software could be the cause of the issue.

I went on a hunch and disable Alienware FX Display SmartInstaller Component Device under Software components in the Device Manager.

This allowed my device to work without any issues. Hope this helps everyone else.

I know this is an old thread but thank you

my xrite was working fine a couple days ago when I calibrated my Dell monitor and I went to try again using different corrections and had the same error. But removing Alienware command centre did the trick.

SuspiciousPixel
    Participant

Just read the whole thread, this was happening with X-Rite and Argyll so the Alienware FX command centre was affecting both.
    I did remove Argyll reboot PC and had the disprd failed error.
    I then removed XRite services, reboot PC and only use Argyll and had the same error.

Lappen
    Participant

The Windows Logitech G Hub service

logi_lamparray_service

for Logitech devices also causes err 32

Old Man
    Participant

Good to know, thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS