Calibration of LG 27GP850P-B

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration of LG 27GP850P-B

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tirinium
    Participant

Hello everyone i seem to have some issues, getting my new screen calibrated. I’m coming from a LG 27GL850, which unfortunately developed a green vertical line over the screen.

Now on the LG 27GL850 i used to use the sRGB clamp of the monitor and that gave me very good colors by default, for some light graphics works, and i used to switch to a full wide gamut at times for gaming and that has worked great after some calibration with my Spyder X Pro.

On the new LG 27GP850P-B, however the default sRGB clamp is very redish, (Yellow, orange, pink all seem very over saturated) however the screen setting show more blue in the color and greys seem to light up yellowish. I cant seem to compensate for the difference (sRGB mode only lets you change contrast and brightness) So i have been trying to calibrate gamer1 profile as sRGB instead as it gives you more color control and Gamer 2 profile as wide gamut. however that only make my screen take on a very gray washed out look. The only way i have been able to offset this is to use the sRGB clamp of my AMD videocard and then calibrate for sRGB (99.2%) is this a common issue with this screen or do i have a faulty one which has been  calibrated badly in fabrication?

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

if AMD’s EDID sRGB emulation is not working as expected for your CAD/CAM graphics work, use DWMLUT  (ledoge/lauralex, google github)
    LUT3D maker: source sRGB, destination a custom XYZLUT ICC profile made with DIsplayCAL, use some OSD mode that allows you to use RGB gains and native gamut, apply VCGT to LUT3D, then set sRGB as display ICC profile while you are simulating sRGB.

Tirinium
    Participant

Oh AMD’s is working fine, just don’t want to depend on it, since its a new monitor i want it to work correctly without having to depend on a software setting of the videocard. I did try to create a 3D LUT with sRGB, acording to my colorimeter it was configured to 99.8% sRGB, only after aplying the profile the whole screen was so grey it almost looked like a black and white movie.

Vincent
    Participant

only after aplying the profile the whole screen was so grey it almost looked like a black and white movie.

(I did not see your answer until now)

When using a LUT3D, or EDID sRGB simulation or other kind of system wide colospace simulation, then default display profile in OS settings should be whatever you are trying to simulate (sRGB in ths sample)

Tirinium
    Participant

All in all im satisfied, with the monitor, uniformity is ok, no backlight bleed, ips glow not to crazy, only problem I still have compared to the previous one is that white has a bit of a gray hue over it and I cant seem to change that,  no matter what i try, also ordered the exact same model for comparison, and the exact smae thing seems to be happening here. Im starting to wonder if for the newer model they used a more aggressive coating then on the previous one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS