Are i1Display Pro 1 and 2 meter corrections compatible?

Home Forums General Discussion Are i1Display Pro 1 and 2 meter corrections compatible?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

David C
    Participant

The “Auto” function on the meter correction list keeps suggesting i1Display Pro 2 corrections for my i1Display Pro 1 device. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

There is only one “i1d3” device regarding ArgyllCMS, although in many flavors (munki display , display pro, pro plus…) and their CCSS are device independent. CCMX are not portable even between units of the same model.

If you meant very old i1display and i1isplay2, they are not. Also they do not support CCSS and they fade, fast. I’d save $ for replacement. Slow paperweights.
    See images in ArgyllCMS instrument documentation.

David C
    Participant

My professional needs are just to ensure I’m getting a decent baseline preview of colors on the monitor. I’m not spending thousands on a meter.

Also, I’m on my 3rd i1. I broke the first one then seemed to get the same measurements out of the replacement. Then it got a few years old and everyone says they “fade” so I got a new one. This time I could literally compare the two, and, same measurements lol.

Vincent
    Participant

There are high chances that you are naming your device in a totally wrong way (see images in ArgyllCMS instrument documentation) or that you do not know what you are taking about. 50-50

There is i1Display, i1Display2 and i1DisplayPro. There is no such devices as you name. And i1Display & i1Display2 are right now slow paperweights.

David C
    Participant

I have an i1 DisplayPro: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055MBQOW

I keep getting auto-selected correction meters that say, for example,

“Matrix: i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display BenQ SW270C (i1 Pro 2)”

Other times they are just “i1 Pro”, other times “i1 Pro 2”.  That’s where I got the “Pro 1” and “Pro 2”. (There does seem to be such thing as a Pro 2 if I google it).

I am trying to determine if the “i1 Pro 2” corrections are valid for my meter in spite of the fact that they are suggested by DisplayCAL. In fact they are always suggested when available.

Vincent
    Participant

i1Pro and i1pro2 are the “REFERENCE” devices used to create it. Spectrophotometers.

Yours is a colorimeter that supports two types of corrections:

Matrix (universal) : non protable between your I1Displaypro and MY i1displaypro, or anything else. Only valid for the colorimeter matched to the REFERENCE, hence it is not valid for you (to use it and expect to be accurate, no)

Spectral (only i1dispplay pro): portable between yur i1displaypro and mine. They are the ones you want.

David C
    Participant

Yeah I understood when you said that I should use spectral. Some of the spectral ones say “i1 pro 2” also.

I wonder why people post the matrix ones for public download?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS