590 Euro 4K 27-inch monitor, is this uniformy normal?(27GR93U)

Home Forums General Discussion 590 Euro 4K 27-inch monitor, is this uniformy normal?(27GR93U)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CLoudL
    Participant

Many Thank to Developer for providing this great free software.

I just bought a monitor. Although I am an hobbist Artist but most Photograpger Monitors are 60Hz, so I bought this LG 27GR93U (144Hz, 27-inch, UHD).

1Then I noticed that the monitor seems to have a bit of a color temperature deviation (you can feel it if you look closely with the naked eye). I then tested the uniformity with DisplayCal, and I read some posts saying that it’s hard to expect good uniformity in cheap, large-size, high-resolution monitors,  wonderif this level of uniformity is acceptable for 590 Euro ?

And the original Srgb has a 7000k white point,I just adjust the RGB in OSD,although the verification report is good, but white seems alittle green , is that normal? (i dont know if my eyes are correct, I always use ipad and it has a much higher color Temperature 7300k ).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

CLoudL
    Participant

level of uniformity is acceptable for 590 Euro ?

means I cant get a better uniformity of any 4k  Monitor in this price? Or should I return this one.  🤔

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by CLoudL.

Vincent
    Participant

And the original Srgb has a 7000k white point,I just adjust the RGB in OSD,although the verification report is good, but white seems alittle green , is that normal? (i dont know if my eyes are correct, I always use ipad and it has a much higher color Temperature 7300k ).

I’m not sure that you used a colorimeter corection for spyder, IDNK the meaning of those chinese characters but google says something close to “standard” LED which is a wrong choice if display is P3, hemce all whote point measurements are not correct and we cannot say if WP is OK.
    Also Spyders are unreliable due to the generic and not customizable (in a distributed ways) nature of its corrections. I’m afraid taht you cannpt use an Spyder X to appaise a display whitepoint

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

level of uniformity is acceptable for 590 Euro ?

2 column show heavy tinting un the lower half. IDNK if that bothers you. If that display had not that defect it would be OK givwn the product segment if that typical brightenss drop on edges doe snot bother you.

means I cant get a better uniformity of any 4k  Monitor in this price?

Maybe, even on same model. Statistics/gambling on QC.

Or should I return this one.  🤔

If you see “visually” the color tint on 2nd column lower half, yes, because you’ll see it all the display lifetime. If you do not see it, it may get a “pass”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS