Monitor driver and Nvidia Color Settings?

Home Forums Help and Support Monitor driver and Nvidia Color Settings?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

OceanBlue72
    Participant

Hello,

for my new Samsung CRG9 monitor i’ve ordered the Eizo EX3. I’ve made a first “quick and dirty” attempt with displaycal and got good results.

For a second run i have 3 questions:
    The Samsung CRG9 coms with its own driver files with a C49RG9xSS.icm file. Do i need to install the monitor specific driver in Windows 10 (1903) or should i leave it at PnP display? In the inf file several entries refer to the C49RG9xSS.icm file.
    In the Nvidia settings under “change resolution” i always have enabled  the Nvidia settings to activate the 10bit color depth. Is this ok?
    In the section “desktop color settings” you can also activate “Nvidia settings”.  I assume its better to not activate this and choose “other applications will manage the color settings”?

Many Thanks in advance!

Marcus

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The Samsung CRG9 coms with its own driver files with a C49RG9xSS.icm file. Do i need to install the monitor specific driver in Windows 10 (1903) or should i leave it at PnP display? In the inf file several entries refer to the C49RG9xSS.icm file.

You could do that, but all it really changes is only the name uder which the monitor is shown in device manager. You don’t need the ICM file.

In the Nvidia settings under “change resolution” i always have enabled the Nvidia settings to activate the 10bit color depth. Is this ok?

That should be fine (if the monitor can handle it – if it can’t, you won’t have any benefit from enabling that setting, but probably not any drawbacks either).

In the section “desktop color settings” you can also activate “Nvidia settings”. I assume its better to not activate this and choose “other applications will manage the color settings”?

Correct.

OceanBlue72
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply!

After my first attempt it seems that WIndows periodically switches (or resets) between two profiles (one from displaycal and another one). So i resettet the colormanagement settings in Windows before the second run. The results are very good again, but now without this  annoying profile switching.

Marcus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS