Help with color anomaly

Home Forums Help and Support Help with color anomaly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hi Florian.

I’ve attached an image showing the color ramps before and after profiling. (Left=after, right=before) … As you can see there is an significant error in the blue region after profiling.

I’ve also attached other reports of this particular calibration\profile run.

Any Idea why I keep getting this anomaly in the blue area of the gamut? … It seems to be caused by the profiling and not the calibration.

Settings:

Default plus…6500K, 2.2, 120 – ‘Low’ calibration speed –  CAM02 (Darkroom), 3400 patches, auto optimized.

Note: I just noticed that the anomaly seems to be present in both color ramp images once I posted it here. But on my screen they are different. One has the error, and the doesn’t… Strange that uploading it would have this effect. :\

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Steve Smith.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Steve Smith
    Participant

This is the Verification report of the run. – (See attached).

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Try downgrading Argyll CMS to v1.8.3 and re-create the profile from the existing measurements.

Note: I just noticed that the anomaly seems to be present in both color ramp images once I posted it here

Has nothing to do with the upload, but browser color management – you may have set up your browser to color manage all images (which is generally desirable).

Steve Smith
    Participant

What is the reason for downgrading to Argyle 1.8.3? … And yes, it was my browser’s color management that made both images look the same! Didn’t think about that…At least I know it’s working! 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Steve Smith.

Steve Smith
    Participant

Edit:

Ok, I just ran the older Argyle on the measurements and it did seem to fix the anomaly but there is still a faint line visible. Much better though! (See attached)

Would love to know why! 🙂

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This is a bug in the current version of Argyll CMS (1.9.0 to 1.9.2). The reason it was not caught seems to be that it only happens under specific conditions (dependent on the display and other parameters). You can also try Argyll CMS 1.9.4 beta and see if it’s fixed there.

Steve Smith
    Participant

Ok, I will try the Bata as well, thanks!

Will there be any quality loss using the older version? … Maybe I’m crazy but I could swear that I lost some contrast. 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Will there be any quality loss using the older version? … Maybe I’m crazy but I could swear that I lost some contrast.

Unlikely.

Steve Smith
    Participant

Ok, tried the beta and it seems a bit improved (See attached) But not as good as the older version.

Let me know if the Argyle guy intends to fix this. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Steve Smith.
    Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Attach the profile and related files please (“Create compressed archive”).

Steve Smith
    Participant

Here you go…I hope this compressed archive contains everything you’re looking for.

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS