Added in this release:
- [Feature] SpyderX support (requires ArgyllCMS 2.1.0 or newer, use ArgyllCMS 2.1.1 to be able to skip instrument self-calibration).
- [Feature] Colorimeter correction information with graph.
- [Feature] Synthetic ICC profile creator: Drag & drop support for TI3 measurement files.
- [Enhancement] Rudimentary support for hypothetical future instruments and their measurement modes (any new instrument support added to ArgyllCMS in the future should be fully usable in DisplayCAL right away without needing an update for instrument-specific measurement modes).
- [Enhancement] Prefer colorimeter corrections from “ArgyllCMS” folder and ignore duplicate (spectral) colorimeter corrections from “color” folder (e.g. installed by HCFR under Windows).
- [Enhancement] Display technology information to aid in the choice of a suitable measurement mode or correction.
- [Enhancement] Default to high-resolution spectrum mode (if available) for spectrometers that support it.
- [Enhancement] Include some additional spectral sample colorimeter corrections when importing for i1 Display Pro and ColorMunki Display (e.g. MacBook Pro 2016 Retina with PFS Phosphor WLED “P3” display, LG OLED 6-series WOLED based on samples from LG C6 and E6 OLED TVs, sourced and combined from community colorimeter corrections database contributions).
- [Enhancement] macOS: Automatically warn about incompatibilities of Apple software with calibration black point hue correction and profile types other than single curve + matrix with black point compensation.
Changed in this release:
- [UI] Updated simplified chinese localization (thanks to Mars).
- [UI] Updated french localization (thanks to Jean-Luc Coulon).
- [Enhancement] Implicitly try to skip repeat instrument self-calibration for colorimeters that want it if already done at least once per measurement run.
- [Enhancement] Converted translation file format from JSON to YAML for better readability.
- [Enhancement] Use a localized description for known quality spectral sample colorimeter corrections.
- Use an application-specific download directory for updates and supporting files.
Fixed in this release:
- [Minor] Not all programmed measurement modes were enumerated for the K10-A colorimeter (regression of a change in DisplayCAL 3.7, SVN revision r5557).
- [Minor] ColorHug/ColorHug2 “auto” measurement mode was not working anymore.
- [Trivial] Curve viewer: Re-introduced being able to view the current contents of the video card gamma table if no display profile is set or the profile used does not contain calibration.
- [Cosmetic] Curve viewer, profile information: Curve graphing identical channel detection was not working properly in some cases (only affected synthetic curves).