Wrong color (green) on some photos

Home Forums Help and Support Wrong color (green) on some photos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Antoine Baran
    Participant

Hi, since I had calibrated my monitor with the lastest version of DisplayCAL, I have wrong colors on some photos like mirror image (negative factor) in green, especially on Chrome navigator.

I tried change pixel format  Ycbcr 444 / Ycbcr 422 / RGB to resolve this, but no luck. : (

Sorry, for my bad english.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Chrome navigator

Chrome does currently not have support for accurate table-based profiles. This is a Chrome bug. If you’re interested in getting support added, you may vote on the respective Chromium bug report.

In the meantime, you can use Firefox as a fully capable color managed browser (you have to set gfx.color_management.enablev4 = true in about:config).

Antoine Baran
    Participant

Thx, for the fast reply : )

I checked with Edge and don’t have this issue, but it appears too on particular softwares like “GoG Galaxy” or “Steam” when browsing the store. Very strange, never had this issue before. :/

Florian Höch
    Administrator

All of these programs have the same underlying problem, they do not correctly support accurate color management (Steam is using the Internet Explorer rendering engine for web content, so it is not directly affected but the victim of IE’s failure to properly handle table-based profiles). The wrong colors are deliberate to alert unsuspecting users that something is wrong. See  https://displaycal.net/#issue-redgreenswapped

Antoine Baran
    Participant

Oki, thx for all the tips and key point !

Have a nice day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS