What Correction for Philips 240S1SB?

Home Forums Help and Support What Correction for Philips 240S1SB?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gareth Halfacree
    Participant

Absolute newcomer to display calibration, and I’ve got a Colormunki Display on the way after seeing it recommended here. Trouble is, I’m aware I need to use correction files to set the Colormunki up for particular displays, but I’m not sure what correction to use for my main monitor – an old and not-particularly-great Philips 240S1SB.

There aren’t any correction files matching it in the database, so I’ll have to use something that’s compatible. Trouble is, I’m not even sure whether it’s CCFL or LED backlit.

The specifications are in the following PDF:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/2/240s1sb_93/240s1sb_93_pss_.pdf

Which simply states a 178 degree viewing angle, 300 cd/m₂ viewing angle, 25000:1 ‘SmartContrast’ (disabled on mine, naturally), and a power draw of 34.8W.

The actual manual’s not much better:

https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/2/240s1sb_27/240s1sb_27_dfu_eng.pdf

That adds the fact that the native typical contrast is 1000:1, and that sRGB is “yes” (which I guess could mean anything from 90 percent coverage up.)

Any help is appreciated!

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When in doubt, probably white LED.

Gareth Halfacree
    Participant

Thanks, Florian – the colorimeter’s due to arrive tomorrow, so I’ll give it a go and see how I get on!

Michaelpaica
    Spectator

Ive got the rx480 from XFX, and the fans will actually stop spinning when using the desktop, and its quieter than my 770 which was a gigabyte windforce. If that helps?

Gareth Halfacree
    Participant

Think you might have replied to the wrong thread, there!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS