Video 709 calibration 2.4 to dark to my eyes

Home Forums Help and Support Video 709 calibration 2.4 to dark to my eyes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sdwlk
    Participant

I calibrated my u2711 monitor to Video 709 Profile for ColorGrading in Resolve purposes
    Used right correction Wide CCL and measured ambient light ~6 lux

Measuring Report attached.
    All the color are vivid and very big contrast. But shadows are too crashed, i cannot see any details. Even in Resolve is hard to read Interface gray text.

Is it ok, that after correction all my videos are too dark ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

measured ambient light ~6 lux

Calibration ambient adjustment will only affect the 1D calibration (i.e. non-color-managed content). Generally it should not be used unless you have specific reason.

Is it ok, that after correction all my videos are too dark ?

Are you using a 3D LUT in Resolve? Otherwise, your videos will not be correctly color managed.

sdwlk
    Participant

How do i disable 1D calibration? Or Recalibrate to different LUX value?
    Can this process done fast or i need to start recalibration all over again for 40 minutes?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you want to re-run calibration and profiling, disable ambient light level adjustment on the “Calibration” tab. If you don’t want to run through the calibration and profiling process again, set your OS display profile to sRGB (in Windows Color Management settings on the devices tab, or System Settings -> Monitor -> Color under macOS). This will get rid of the calibration, but as a result the whole desktop will effectively not be color managed anymore (under macOS, under Windows it won’t be anyway). Then, create a 3D LUT from your existing profile for Resolve in DisplayCAL, making sure to apply the calibration to the 3D LUT.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS