Verifying Calibration Profile

Home Forums Help and Support Verifying Calibration Profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dave Buckley
    Participant

I’d like to verify a colleagues calibration that they’ve done with CCProfiler and the ColorChecker Display Plus from Calibrite.

Am I correct in thinking that it’s as simple as opening DisplayCal, going straight to verification tab and having it set as per the attached screenshot?  Do I need to change anything on the other tabs or are they irrelevant for simple verification (I’ve attached how the calibration tab looked before running the report?  The Display and instrument tab was set to the right spectral correction (to the best of my knowledge).

I did run a report with the attached settings (report also attached).  I just have no idea what the report is telling me, specifically all of the different whitepoint readings.  Is there a glossary anywhere for understanding the different elements of the various available reports?  What are the best items to look at to deem whether the calibration is good or whether it needs redoing?  Can I tell from that report if there are likely to be colour cast in the whites from a numerical standpoint rather than by eye etc?

Thanks for any help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

CCProfiler has not that colorimeter correction, only Panaosnic VVX (WLED PFS 94 or 95% P3). Also that correction you chose for displaycal is not the proper one for that display (that one is for WLED PFS with almost full AdobeRGB coverage). Choose the same you selected in ccProfiler (PFS phoshor os something like that) / DisplayCAL (Panasonic VVX 94% P3)

This change may change a little measured white point depening on your colorimeter firmware. Otherwise, yes, it is done that way.

Report verifies if ICC profile matches display behavior. It does not matter if it behaves as you may like, just if profile made from measuremenst after grey calibration in that Benq matches display.

Also it gives you more info about how it behaves:
    Measured WP vs assumed WP => is my white white? a* axis green pink tint. Low error = white
    Measured WP vs profile WP => has my white changed since calibration & measurement (it also may mean: Am I using the same coloriemter correction as when I created that profile?)
    RGB + gray balance + evaluate gray balace with calibration, then look at  RGB gray balance & grey a*b* range=  is grey actually grey (by comparison with white) or does it oscillate with pink-green tints?

All seems OK on yours but you shoudl try with the proper CCSS correction.

Vincent
    Participant

Constrast is abnormally low.
    Maybe you limited too much RGB gains when fixing whietpoint or maybe you have an HDMI range issue (16-235 vs 0-255) or maybe you choose uniformity correction (if available)

Dave Buckley
    Participant

I didn’t run the original calibration but I assume the low contrast is due to the target whitepoint (d65) being quite a distance from the factory default whitepoint which was 7200k when measure out of the box I believe.  And then CC Profiler struggling to achieve it without lowering contrast?

To clarify The out of the box uncalibrated measured whitepoint ‘when set to srgb in osd’ was roughly 7200k

I do have some notes from the original calibration and It’s worth pointing out that the original calibration has been done after setting the monitor to factory defaults and then changing osd to srgb.

I’ll run the verification again with the correct correction and then possibly full recalibrate in displaycal to get that contrast number up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS