Using DisplayCAL with Lenovo P1 4K screen?

Home Forums Help and Support Using DisplayCAL with Lenovo P1 4K screen?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Omnio
    Participant

Hello all,

I was wondering what the best settings would be to calibrate and profile my laptop’s screen using i1 Display PRO? The panel in Lenovo’s P1 is the 4K LCD variant with 100% sRGB and 99% AdobeRGB coverage.

I am a photographer and need to have  correct colour for web only at this stage, so no RGB or CYMK print proofing if that makes a difference. I also shoot with studio lighting so everything needs to be as visually similar to how I see the items in the studio.

Another note, I’ve also used xRites Color Checker Passport patch card to create a custom camera profile for my shooting environment, which is why I’d like to get as close as I can with screen calibration.

The panel in question is 15″ B156ZAN03.2 at 4K resolution with near 99% Adobe RGB and 100% sRGB coverage. The laptop is running on latest Windows 10 Pro build with nVidia Quadro P2000 MaxQ graphics card. I have used xRite’s software to unsatisfactory results so I’d like to master DisplayCAL which already gave me much better results.

Last thing I want to mention is that I’ve followed these instructions and currently I’m going to test the results in the studio with it and report back  when I get a chance.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Omnio
    Participant

So I tried the settings  as per instructions posted on another website, linked in text above, and the device seems more accurate however I can’t extend my display’s brightness past 120cd/m^2.  It is also hard to gauge whether my RGB channels are 255/255/255 for pure white backgrounds. Can anyone with this panel give me any pointers in case I’ve done something wrong? Thanks!

Vincent
    Participant

I was wondering what the best settings would be to calibrate and profile my laptop’s screen using i1 Display PRO? The panel in Lenovo’s P1 is the 4K LCD variant with 100% sRGB and 99% AdobeRGB coverage.

You need to find backlight tecnology, then choose best suited spectral correction for your i1d3. Try to find a review of information online.

Since it’s a AdobeRGB widegamut you can try:
    HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss
    Dell_U2413_25Jul12.ccss
    RGBLEDFamily_07Feb11.ccss
    PFS_Phosphor_Family_31Jan17.ccss

Omnio
    Participant

I’ve done another calibration at 160cdm2 and it seems better now for web work. Is it normal for DisplayCAL to “lock” my max screen brightness under Windows to whatever I chose, even if the monitor is rated at 400 nits? Thanks for your help!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Calibration will only be valid for the “brightness” (luminance) it was created at. Changing luminance will require recalibration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS