Trying to calibrate two monitors to look similar using DisplayCal and a Spyder

Home Forums Help and Support Trying to calibrate two monitors to look similar using DisplayCal and a Spyder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alexander Arnesen
    Participant

Hi, I am currently trying to calibrate my two monitors, a LG 27GL850 and a Nitro XV273K using DisplayCal and a Spyder 5. But I think I am doing something wrong. I have attached a image of my displaycal settings, trying to calibrate both for 6500K, 2.2 Gamma. Doing the calibration on both seems to be going great. First doing the RGB thing, and getting it all in line. Then after calibration, buth end up at a good 99.X% of sRGB. However, the whitepoint of the two monitors are way different after calibration, when displaying a white/grey background, The LG display is red-tinted, while the Acer is more green-tinted. I have followed TFTCentrals displaysettings for both displays. What am I missing? I am guessing I am just doing some stupid simple mistake, and any help to point me in the right direction would be super helpful!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MW
    Participant

You would be advised to choose one monitor as a reference and profile the other display using the visual white point editor.

The underlying issue however is the the spectral power distribution of each display doesn’t match. You can start by setting the correction in DisplayCAL to “White LED” if you haven’t. The limitation is that these are generic corrections so a perfect match cannot be guaranteed. If the results still are are still visibly different you can select a correction from the user database. Generally i1Display Pro and related devices are more populated so you would have a better chance of finding a matching correction.

i1Display Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Alexander Arnesen
    Participant

I think the userdatabase correction helped alot! Will continue work on this later. Thanks for the reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS