Trouble calibrating my Samsung c32jg56 monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Trouble calibrating my Samsung c32jg56 monitor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Miika
    Participant

Hi all

First time calibrater so please bear with me.

I recently bought new monitor, Samsung c32jg56. My older monitor is Philips 278E8. So I have a dual monitor setup going with Win 10 and RX 580 as a GPU. My calibrator is Spyder5.

When doing the calibration I cant get the two monitor to match. I did read the FAQ here concerning the dual monitor set up. But I think that my problem is already before that. For somereason, the new Samsung monitor doesn’t seem to calibrate correctly. I run the Display Cal measurement report and there is a lot red failure marks in the report. I get X for the exceeding nominal tolerances no matter how I calibrate.

I have tried to go through both monitors own settings and to my understanding I have set all auto corrections of.

There must be something I am doing wrong in the calibration, but no matter how much I read and watch tutorials, I cant figure it out. Maybe someone here can help me?

Here is the sum up of my latest calibration and the Measurement reports for monitors is attached for reference.

Onthe Display page I select the display, instrument and LCD White Led. I have not made other changes

On Calibrator page I keep Interactive display adjustment selected and do that when calibrating. I change Whitepoint for both monitors to Color temerature and select 6500k. Tone curve is Gamma 2.2, Black point correction is Auto and Calibration speed High. No other changes are made.

Profiling settings page I change Profile type to Single curve + matrix and leave others as they are.

With these selections I end up having different colors on monitors as also shown in the measurement files.

What I am doing wrong here?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Joel
    Participant

Hi,

First of all ! Leave the screen on for at least 30 minutes, with probe connected and positioned.

You could check if there’s no color correction with your Spyder5 for this monitor.

White point = D65, White level = 100 or 120 cd/m2 is sufficient for most. 2% or better if possible.

Pay particular attention to the interactive setting of the screen. The closer you are to zero, the better the work to will be done for the graphics card. Don’t forget to activate the advanced options in the “options” menu.

Chose a medium or slow calibration speed for more accuracy.

Keep the factory contrast.

Good work!

Miika
    Participant

Hi,

First of all ! Leave the screen on for at least 30 minutes, with probe connected and positioned.

You could check if there’s no color correction with your Spyder5 for this monitor.

White point = D65, White level = 100 or 120 cd/m2 is sufficient for most. 2% or better if possible.

Pay particular attention to the interactive setting of the screen. The closer you are to zero, the better the work to will be done for the graphics card. Don’t forget to activate the advanced options in the “options” menu.

Chose a medium or slow calibration speed for more accuracy.

Keep the factory contrast.

Good work!

Hi

Thank yo u for answering.
    Yes, I have had the monitors and Spyder on for at least 30min before  calibrations. Idid have Whitepoint to D65 as that is the same as 6500k, right? I did but white level to 100 cd/m2, but there was no difference for that.

What do you mean by 2%?

I have always but the interactive setting closely to exactly where the marker is in the scale.

I tried with medium and slow calibration but that made no difference.

I noticed that there is Black Equalizer selection in the monitors settings. It cant be turned of. I wonder if that could somehow affect the calibration?

Casper
    Participant

Have you tried calibrating and profiling the monitor with all dynamic and/or auto features (e.g. Dynamic Contrast) turned off?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS