Test uncalibrated monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Test uncalibrated monitor

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

Eric
    Participant

If I indeed see a 3×3 transformation matrix, does it mean that proper evaluation of SpectraView II’s calibration accuracy requires the ICC profile it generated to be loaded, and therefore, I will not be able to assess its sRGB coverage through DisplayCAL’s profiling tool?

Both of this can be done. You already checked the sRGB coverage.

How is sRGB coverage calculated in DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS? Is it dependent solely on the R, G and B primaries (measured during profiling and embedded in the ICC profile)?

I just find it hard to accept that my low-end US$100 monitor could get 99% sRGB coverage when calibrated and profiled using DisplayCAL, while my Spectraview-calibrated NEC PA271W can only emulate 96.3% of sRGB.

The reason why the coverage is only 96.3% is that Spectraview does not calibrate the primaries. Instead, one can either choose to use a) factory measurements (true sRGB primaries in ICC profile, but the monitor’s have actually drifted already over time) or b) calibration sensor measurements (primaries not exact, but at least reflected faithfully in ICC profile).

Source: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3024764

Just for the record, was able to improve the coverage to 98.3% by fixing the primaries.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS