SpyderX color uniformity question

Home Forums General Discussion SpyderX color uniformity question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Halfwit
    Participant

Recently I got my first colorimeter, the SpyderX ELITE+. I ran the Display Analysis module and while I do understand most of the results, this one has me confused. Could someone explain what’s the “Color Uniformity for Brightness 100%”? What’s brightness 100% in this case? There are three other similar graphs made by the software, for color uniformity for brightness 83%, 67% and 50%. I can’t figure out to what exact brightness levels do these percentages relate to. I feel I have to understand these basics before tackling DisplayCAL 🙂 Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Halfwit.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Don’t use Spyder software, use displaycal. Regarding your question it is testing uniformity at white 255 fullscreen.

Halfwit
    Participant

Don’t use Spyder software, use displaycal. Regarding your question it is testing uniformity at white 255 fullscreen.

Is there a tutorial on how to test an uncalibrated monitor with DisplayCal? I also have the X-Rite i1Display Pro at my disposal so that’s another option.

Vincent
    Participant

-Run uniformity report

-Run measurement report with a simulation profile and “assign simulation profile as display profile”

Colorimeter needs proper spectral correction for that backlight, without that measurements won’t be accurate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS