Post calibration, DisplayCal profile not working

Home Forums Help and Support Post calibration, DisplayCal profile not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kalwant
    Participant

Frohes Neues Jahr Florian! Happy New Year to everyone!

First of all, may I say what a unbelievably comprehensive software DisplayCal is. Compared to bundled software with Huey Pro/Spyder, it is on a totally different level. I’m really looking forward to seeing a vastly improved display. I’ll be contributing some money for the product for your huge time and effort and to support continued development.

I went through calibration with DisplayCal in Dec 2019 which took about 2h 50m and appeared to complete properly but my display looks no different, thus I believe the profile isn’t running/loading. What have I done wrong?

Details: Windows 7 SP1 64bit / latest MS updates / i7 2600K 3.4Ghz / 16GB ram / HP ZR22W monitor.

I’ve enclosed log files, please let me know if there is anything else you require. The other log file are 0kb and blank.

Best regards!

Kalwant

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kalwant
    Participant

Profile log file enclosed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You installed the profile, and that’s all there is to it. The default settings use the native whitepoint, so there’s no change there. Gamma and gray balance are adjusted though. If your monitor already has good gray balance without calibration and is close to the calibration target of gamma 2.2, there may be very little change.

Kalwant
    Participant

Hi Florian

Thanks for the reply.  Does DisplayCal run on startup as a process and would there be an icon in the system tray?

Regards

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No, only the profile loader.

Kalwant
    Participant

Florian, thanks for your replies, I’ve donated £30 for your fantastic software as I’d like to support both you and ArgyllCMS . I’ve calibrated a new AOC 24G2U monitor using Spyder 5 Express and got outstanding results, including 99.8% sRGB and 85% AdobeRGB.  You don’t have to reply to this but I just wanted to say a big thank you for your efforts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS