Pink Band

Home Forums Help and Support Pink Band

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Albert Harguindey
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been using the software for a long while now, but I recently formatted my PC and I seem to have an issue that I can’t troubleshoot;

White looks perfect, but tones just close to white have a clear pink tone. Like very, very pink.

I attach the settings I used for calibration as well as a very comprehensive measurment report that shows the problem. (A small report does not have enough resolution near white to show the issue)

Although this problem is specific to like 98% grey it is very problematic for photo color correction, with obious banding, and for web browsing where many things look pink and they are not supposed to look like that..

Any recomendation?

Thank you very much for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

White looks perfect, but tones just close to white have a clear pink tone. Like very, very pink.

Maybe you are clipping one of the monitor channels. You can usually see this during interactive adjustment, when the bars no longer move when adjusting one channel. The solution is to decrease each channel until you again see the bars moving.

Some notes on your settings:

1. Black level drift compensation is not needed for colorimeters.
    2. The ASUS VS239 has a white LED backlight (according to displayspecifications.com), so use the respective colorimeter correction (“Spectral: White LED…”).
    3. Do not use ambient light level adjustment on the calibration tab. This option is only useful in very specific situations (where color management is usually not employed).
    4. Use a default gamma of 2.2 for calibration.
    5. 5000 or even 11000 patches for profiling seems overkill. I’d recommend using the default 175 patches (or up to a max of 1500 if you really feel you want the potential better accuracy).

Albert Harguindey
    Participant

Your recomendatins have 100% solved the issue!

Thank you very much for your help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS