Old i1display2 + displaycal + imac 2011 ,21.5" too Red

Home Forums Help and Support Old i1display2 + displaycal + imac 2011 ,21.5" too Red

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Kritpat Ka
    Participant

Hi.

I need help

The result is too much red .

I used 6500K

luminace 120

Is my i1D2 too old?

Thank you

WolfPeace
    Participant

It’s hard to tell if your i1D2 is too old, you would have to compare it to a spectrometer(like colormunki photo or i1pro).

Considering your imac doesn’t have whitepoint(RGB balance) controls on monitor itself and you judge the result too redish, I would set the whitepoint option to -As measured- .

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Kritpat Ka
    Participant

Hi

I have tried  setting white point to As measured .

The result

Reddish has  GONE but I am not sure  it is perfect gray or little blue/green.

The  gray tone is similar  to ipad air2 and iphone 6 ( not calibrated)

Kritpat Ka
    Participant

I think the  calibration did not do the job. The color is same as default imac profile which is very green.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The calibration’s job is to make the gray axis have the same hue as the white point. If the white target is set to “as measured”, and the measured white point has a greenish hue, then the result will of course be that the gray axis has the same greenish hue. The i1d2 is probably too old to give good results on a white LED display like the iMac. You can try the generic “eye-one display 2 & Apple Cinema Display (white LED)” correction and set white point to 6500K again to see if this improves the result.

Kritpat Ka
    Participant

Thank you for your support. I am going to try .

one more question,

How about White/black level compensation? On /OFF?

Kritpat Ka
    Participant

I am back after  using generic Apple Cinema Display 6500K

The result is quite same when set to None with white point 6500K.

which is still little  redish.

I should buy new monitor like Dell  with RGB adjustable U2417H + my old i1d2 displaycal

or

buy color munki ( my imac will be fine?)

PS There is no distributor of colormunki in Thailand. only Sypder

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Kritpat Ka.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

How about White/black level compensation? On /OFF?

For a colorimeter, you can leave black level drift compensation off. White level drift compensation should only be enabled on displays that have dynamic backlight (e.g. Plasma, OLED).

It may be a good idea to replace the i1D2 as its organic filters are probably aging, also, it was designed for CRT and CFFL backlit LCD displays, so may not cope well with white LED. The ColorMunki Display or i1 Display Pro would be a suitable replacement, but if it’s not available, you may have to go the Spyder5 route. X-Rite does list two dealers though [1] in the photo / design / prepress category, maybe you’ll have luck there?

[1] http://www.xrite.com/partner-locator/Partner-Locator-Results?Country=83&State=&Market=3&PartnerType=11

Kritpat Ka
    Participant

Hi.

Should I go for colormunki photo or colormunki display?

I am also interested in creating  my own paper printing profile ( not so importan but useful )

Is Colormunki photo good enough for display calibration ? Compare to Colormunki Display .

Thankyou

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I am also interested in creating my own paper printing profile ( not so importan but useful )

In that case you’d need the ColorMunki Photo.

Is Colormunki photo good enough for display calibration ? Compare to Colormunki Display.

Both are suitable. If you opt for the ColorMunki Photo, you could use it to create a correction matrix for your i1 Display 2, and use the latter for calibration + profiling.

Kritpat Ka
    Participant

you could use it to create a correction matrix for your i1 Display 2, and use the latter for calibration + profiling.

What is correction matix ? ( calibrate instrument itself ?)

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What is correction matix ? ( calibrate instrument itself ?)

It makes the colorimeter readings match (more or less) the readings of the spectrometer, thus working around the i1D2’s inability to cope with newer display technologies.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS