Noob question??

Home Forums Help and Support Noob question??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Matteusz10
    Participant

Hi, got very noob question. If i want Calibrate my monitor to works always, in desktop, browser, movies, and even pain displaycal can do this? If my monitor have only color temp, gamma, hue, contrast, brightness settings? I know that for tv, free software like hcfr is great. But what if i wanna Calibrate monitor without Deep settings like my tv? Is displaycal can do this or other free software? I mean Calibrate color accurate?  And white balance.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Matteusz10.

Vincent
    Participant

IDNK what do you want.

If you meant to make your display simulate sRGB on every condition you can use DIsplayCAL to make an accurate ICC + grey&white correction (VCGT) then make a LUT3D for DWMLUT simulation sRGB, apply it system wide and assing simulated colorspasce(sRGB) as display profile.
    Even if display has no fine tune whiet point options (RGB gains) it may be corrected in VCGT at th eexpense of some contrast.
    Of course if you have a 65% sRGB laptop with 400:1 contrast… this won’t work.

If you want something different explain what you you want to do in a clear way.

Matteusz10
    Participant

I think this is what i want. I already try to do this with dwm… My monitor is eizo s2202w, not sure what color space sholud i use in display cal…

Vincent
    Participant

s2202w -> calibrate & profile on native gamut -> check profile info and see where are located your native primaries.
    You can use HCFR too to taka a fast reading of RGB primaries coordinates.

It seems like an old TN CCFL sRGB… so you would not need DWMLUT , only to correct grayscale with ICC profile.

Matteusz10
    Participant

What u mean i only need greyscal with icc profile? You mean make icc profile and Just apply in windows?

Matteusz10
    Participant

I dont need color accuracy Calibrate?

Vincent
    Participant

ICC profile has a VCGT tag with grey calibration (optinal, created with a custom calibration), this is loaded into GPU LUTs. If your monitor is close to sRGB it’s all you need for most scenarios.

If you had a P3 or AdobeRGB monitor you’ll want to full colospace correction in non color managed apps (DWMLUT & other tools), but it looks that does not apply to you.

Matteusz10
    Participant

Ok but what happen if i do 3d lut, and use with dwm lut? Like i want to have 2 profile d60 and d55, and used quickly with that tool. Do i need disable apply vcgt before calibration? Or something like that…

Vincent
    Participant

No or yes, depending on your choice. It can be done both ways. Easier D65 ICC,  2x LUT3D. You can choose to embed or nor VCGT, if you embed then no DisplayCAL loader.

Matteusz10
    Participant
    • Ok, thx for everything, help me a lot.  🙂 cheers!

Matteusz10
    Participant

Ok, last question, when i make icc profile and apply in windows color manager, nothing change, what i do wrong?

Vincent
    Participant

Ok, last question, when i make icc profile and apply in windows color manager, nothing change, what i do wrong?

Maybe windows color manager is not loading VCGT into GPU. Use displayCAL loader instead. If nothing seems to change make sure you do ot have other display cal loader runing on other OS user or try manually Tools / VCGT / load calibration curves.

Of course if your display profile has VCGT close to 45 degree line… there is little to correct. This only changes display gamma & grey neutrality, nothing more.

Matteusz10
    Participant

Ok, SO make icc profile and apply in windows, correcting only Grey Scale-white point, and gamma?Color accurace is not change?   But when use 3d lut, and wdm lut, color is calibrating as well, Yes?

Vincent
    Participant

Ok, SO make icc profile and apply in windows, correcting only Grey Scale-white point, and gamma?Color accurace is not change?

color managed apps yes, others no.

But when use 3d lut, and wdm lut, color is calibrating as well, Yes?

Yes… but only to one colorspace.

Check your monitor’s EDID primaries, if they are sRGB like… don’t worry about DWMLUT.

Matteusz10
    Participant

Well i dont see in displaycal Calibrate native gamut…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS