No module named xml.parsers.expat

Home Forums Help and Support No module named xml.parsers.expat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Garry Richards
    Participant

DisplayCal versions 3.53.0 and 3.8.2 both fail to start with the ImportError above. on OPENSuSE Leap 15.1.  Has anyone hit this problem? I’m clearly missing something!

The complete message is below.

ImportError: No module named xml.parsers.expat

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/bin/displaycal”, line 6, in <module>
    main()
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/DisplayCAL/main.py”, line 95, in main
    from wxwindows import BaseApp
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/DisplayCAL/wxwindows.py”, line 18, in <module>
    import xml.parsers.expat
    ImportError: No module named xml.parsers.expat

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It seems your Python installation is broken – the python XML module is part of the Python standard library.

Vadim
    Participant

Hello,

I can confirm, that DisplyCal don’t starts not only under Opensuse Leap 15.1 (which live version I have tested), but also under Leap 15.0 (which I use) with the above message.

How can I repair my broken Python installation under Leap 15.0 (and possibly Leap 15.1)?

Thanks in advance,

Vadim.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Reinstall Python 2.7. If that doesn’t fix it, file a bug against the Python 2.7 package on the openSUSE bug tracker.

Vadim
    Participant

Thanks, Florian,
    but that have not helped either.

Do you intend to make an .appimage if you will have a spare time may be?

Vadim.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Have you filed a bug on the openSUSE bug tracker?

Vadim
    Participant

Not really, but I have written to the OpenSuse forum and have 1 answer from moderator. He has successfully installed previous version of Displaycal, that is in Leap 15.1 repo (3.5.3.0) and launched it. However, he has declined to upgrade it to the newest version (3.8.2). I can remember, that 3.5.3.0 has worked in my Leap 15.0 also, and the problem begun similarly with upgrade to 2.8.2; but after upgrade, the 3.53.0 has not worked either – I have tried to downgrade it under live Leap 15.1 (but not tried to downgrade it under 15.0).

This is a link to OpenSuse forum:

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/536554-DisplayCal-don%C2%B4t-start-under-KDE-OpenSuse-Leap-15-0-and-15-1?s=e407a26262bdb61a80f7f84955637198

Thanks,
    Vadim.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Vadim.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The problem is not DisplayCAL related. The Python XML module is missing from your Python install.

Vadim
    Participant

Thanks.

I have successfully launched 3.8.2 in other Leap 15.0 install/computer. Everything works as expected so far. I will try to put a question to opensuse forum, how can I troubleshoot this issue.

Vadim.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS