Newly created profiles cannot be installed or activated

Home Forums Help and Support Newly created profiles cannot be installed or activated

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eighteensheep
    Participant

I’m having a strange issue that I can’t figure out. I just recalibrated a display I have (an LG 27UK650-W) and have found that I cannot install the profile it made. Attempting to do so just gives “The profile could not be installed/activated.” Trying to add it manually through the profile loader gives “[Windows Error 2012] The specified tag was not found.”

The older profiles created two or more months ago work just fine, but it seems like any new profile is “broken” somehow. Not even adding it through the Windows color management options or by installing it by right-clicking the file itself works. It just never shows up in the list of profiles. I’ve tried calibrating twice now and both new profiles give the same errors, even after restarting my PC.

I haven’t changed anything except for updating Windows and graphics drivers. Could something have broken in one of those updates that makes ICC profiles unusable? Anything I could do to fix the issue?

My relevant system info is:

Windows 10 Version 2004 (build 19041.388)
    Nvidia GTX 1080 w/ 451.48 drivers
    ColorMunki Display
    DisplayCAL 3.8.9.3
    ArgyllCMS 2.1.2
    LG 27UK650-W

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

eighteensheep
    Participant

Well, this is interesting. After posting, I kept thinking about what else might have changed, and realized that after the latest Windows update, I enabled both Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and Variable refresh rate in the Windows graphics options.

I disabled both and restarted, and then did a super quick calibration run. The profile installed just fine. The other profiles I had made with the options enabled still failed to install. Based on this, could one or both of these options be interfering with profile creation? I wonder if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Not sure if this needs to be officially reported as a bug/issue or not, so I guess I’ll just leave it at this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS