New color calibration, got an I1Display Pro

Home Forums Help and Support New color calibration, got an I1Display Pro

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

ZeroWalker
    Participant

With ICM profile made by displaycal… you do not need more for color managed apps like Photoshop or GIMP or Firefox… etc

Other tools like madVR or Resolve (video with software LUT3D) may need another & more detailed profile XYZLUT type with thousands of patches, but fist master this and get a working calibration & profile fror “everyday use”, then move to DisplayCAL FAQ & tutorials for madVR & resolve (or reshade).

Ah i thought it was best to do the “best profile” first, as you could use it for everything then.

Meaning i make an ICC with my profile settings, then i can make a 3D LUT for madVR with the same profile (without doing another calibration, cause i have already done it before).

If that make sense, cause if i am not mistaken, that’s how you wana do it, as it would be odd if you were to calibrate your monitor for each one of them,

as that would just un-calibrate the last one technically?

I also didn’t know there was any difference in difficulty, i thought it was just, “set it up the same, but choose “XYZ” or something instead”, i guess that was naive;P

EDIT:

For verification, should i have Gamma 2.2 or Rec 1886? (with the “use simulation as display profile Unchecked)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by ZeroWalker.

ZeroWalker
    Participant

Okay i run a calibration, i had high profile speed cause i didn’t want to wait too long, but it’s hopefully good enough for now,

and i want to make sure i even did it correctly.

I uploaded the verifications, as i guess those are useful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

With ICM profile made by displaycal… you do not need more for color managed apps like Photoshop or GIMP or Firefox… etc

Other tools like madVR or Resolve (video with software LUT3D) may need another & more detailed profile XYZLUT type with thousands of patches, but fist master this and get a working calibration & profile fror “everyday use”, then move to DisplayCAL FAQ & tutorials for madVR & resolve (or reshade).

Ah i thought it was best to do the “best profile” first, as you could use it for everything then.

Complex  profiles have some drawbacks when working with ditherles limited precision like in the apps I listed.

Vincent
    Participant

Okay i run a calibration, i had high profile speed cause i didn’t want to wait too long, but it’s hopefully good enough for now,

and i want to make sure i even did it correctly.

I uploaded the verifications, as i guess those are useful.

No need to run verification “simulating XXXXXXXX” whatever it is, just against profile itself with no simulation. Already explained.

Anyway, for everyday use it’s OK what you get. After a few months recheck if it is diftting.

ZeroWalker
    Participant

Oh you meant no simulation, i thought you meant the other checkbox, my bad;P.

Well i would like to make 3D LUT calibrations as well without waiting a few months for madVR and Reshade so i can get more accuracy out of videos and games when possible:)

But did i do it correctly when calibrating?

I looks kinda good to me, 6500k and quite high sRGB coverage:)

Vincent
    Participant

But did i do it correctly when calibrating?

I opened links again and … no, it looks like you are running in limited range 16-235 or you messed with OSD contrast. Low contrast, too low, <50% from nominal value.

Google what is limited range and change it. If it is ok, then you modify too much OSD gains…

I looks kinda good to me, 6500k and quite high sRGB coverage:)

DisplayCAL is not responsible for XX% gamut coverage, it’s a property of your screen.

ZeroWalker
    Participant

Is that the “Maximum ΔE*00” ?

I should have full range, i never use limited range:S

Vincent
    Participant

Is that the “Maximum ΔE*00” ?

If I said “low contrast“… you should look for “contrast” in reports.

I should have full range, i never use limited range:S

Driver instalation usually do a lot of stupid default settings on its own without user interaction. Check range on your display/GPU contro panel. Lots of info on the internet about that (if you are suffering this misconfiguration).

If range is OK then it should be user misconfiguration white you modified gains and other OSD options. Since these modifications include physical interaction with your display you have to check it by yourself.
    U2415 should have contrast ~1000:1, maybe a bit higher. If you get ~400:1 there is something wrong (usually user fault/ driver misconfiguration).

ZeroWalker
    Participant

My bad, was looking for some values that showed it was bad compared to some other value.

I guess contrast isn’t expected to be something.

I have checked my GPU (Nvidia) settings, it should be correct, i am quite sure it’s not TV range, cause i can really tell when that is on,

cause black basically turns to gray.

But it’s really weird if it should be 1000:1 but it’s 400:1..

I got my brightness quite low, but it’s not directly related to contrast i guess,

and my contrast is at the default 75 (as i don’t know if i should change that, but i think it crushes colors and stuff above it, is there maybe a way to calibrate which contrast is optimal on the monitor, cause i haven’t seen it).

ZeroWalker
    Participant

I rerun with some small changes, now i got about 900:1, but looks basically the same, so something must have gone wrong:S

Vincent
    Participant

That’s an OK value. Now you have calibrated & profiled your display for everyday use.

For MadVR profiling and LUT3D check out DisplayCAL FAQs or the very detailed AVSForum thread for madVR and ArgyllCMS. Florian (creator of DisplayCAL) is there too.

ZeroWalker
    Participant

That’s an OK value. Now you have calibrated & profiled your display for everyday use.

For MadVR profiling and LUT3D check out DisplayCAL FAQs or the very detailed AVSForum thread for madVR and ArgyllCMS. Florian (creator of DisplayCAL) is there too.

I uploaded the measurement report, i think this is the correct one.

I kinda messed around as i tried to make a madvr one, but it took so damn long so i just made a Reshade one for fun,

but it also makes things brighter in game, and as i stream at time, and it records the modified image, it messed things up,

cause the correction is only meant for my monitor to show it correctly right, it doesn’t correct the game itself so to  speak.

Will check out AVSForum, thanks:)!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Araldo Janes
    Participant

Hi…how old is the calibration tool? Does it have dust/wear on it?How is your room/environment being lit?Is your monitor set to the correct gamma/brightness etc through its on screen menu?Does it show you a before & after when calibration is complete?Do you have another monitor to test it with?Is your graphics card driver perhaps applying its own custom setting on top of the calibration?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I don’t think there is anything wrong, judging from @ZeroWalker’s last post.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS