Meter mode question

Home Forums Help and Support Meter mode question

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

So do I need to be in the P3 colorspace on my TV when I calibrate using the imac p3 correction you suggested, or can I calibrate in the REC709 with this imac correction?

I also have an adobe RGB mode as well.

Answered before, it seems you did not read/understand it: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/meter-mode-question/#post-10475

[…]use native SPD as correction for Rec709 measurements, native backlight SPD works when measuring all kind of “emulated colorspaces” for that display.[…]

This applies to whatever correction you apply: a correction made from native gamut readings it’s the best way to go.

okay I I tried the iMac p3 correction. It doesn’t work. Colors look horrible. I think it’s designed for a refresh monitor, not an LCD. Evident by the fact that when the correction is entered in dispcal the meter mode automatically switches to ‘refresh generic’.  the result is a greenish cast. Definitely not correct.

Not really, because you can switch it and the source screen is a LCD screen. If user who made that CCSS labeled it in a wrong way, you can switch that mode or change it since its spectral information won’t change.

Also with TVs, as long as manufacturer does not provide info on backlight or you have an spectrophotometer it’s flipping coins. With monitors it is much more easy.

Steve Smith
    Participant

I tried switching the meter mode back to ‘LCD generic’ in DispCal but it doesn’t allow it… Unless you mean to somehow change it  in the CCSS file itself which is beyond my knoledge.

And  by the way, I read and reread everything you wrote several times as I was desperately trying to understand your kind teachings.  But you have much more knoledge then me and you speak very technically. Not to mention that English is not your native language. Perfect for another engineer, but not so easy for me to understand the terminology.  I made it clear that I was confused and hoped that you might ‘dummy down’ a bit in order to reach me, but you continued to overlook my obvious lack of knoledge in favor of your need to speak in ‘color theory language’ … It’s clear that you don’t care whether I understand or not… So I ask, who are you actuallyspeaking to? … Grow some awareness of your audience bro.

I could go on in length about your lacking communication skills, but what’s the point.

Lets just say thank you and move on.

Peace.

Vincent
    Participant

My apologies if something was lost in translation, including such difficult technical explanations as the meaning of “Save as…” in an internet browser.

I hope that you enjoy the results you get for your TV and have a nice day.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This discussion has veered quite a bit off-topic, I’m closing this for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Meter mode question’ is closed to new replies.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS