Measurement Report

Home Forums General Discussion Measurement Report

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Eduardo Nascimento
    Participant

Hello,

As I mentioned on my previous topic, I amabsolutely new to DisplayCAL and color correction. Fortunately Florian helped clarify the ‘import colorimeter corrections’ step. I then proceeded to calibrate the display with the following settings:
    Spyder5 Mode: LCD (CCFL)
    Observer: CIE 1931 2º / Color Temperature: 6500K / Custom White Level: 100 cd/m2 / Gamma: 2.2
    High Calibration Speed and Auto-Optimized testchart for the Profiling.

After calibration I ran an Extended Verification Testchart and I got the following results (attached image). Apparently the results seem very bad. And the target 6500K 100cd/m2 Gamma 2.2 way off. Don’t understand why these values are so off target. Shouldn’t the measured temperature, whitepoint, etc, be nearer? And all the crossed NOT OK values..
    Is it because it’s an old shitty LCD, or am I doing something wrong with the calibration / verification?
    Can I barely trust this calibration?

Kind regards! And thanks once again for your patience.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I think the monitor may have drifted during the measurements, older CCFL backlights are prone to this. The way to work-around this is to let the monitor warm up longer (say, a hour instead of half an hour), and enabling white level drift compensation.

Eduardo Nascimento
    Participant

Once again, thank you very much for your kind answer Florian.

I did like you said, warmed up longer, enabled both White level drift and Black level drift, and recalibrated all over again.
    After it, I did an Extended Verification, which I’m posting the results.

The thing is.. For the first time, the verification results have green checkmarks. But also, for the first time and compared to all previous calibrations, there is a noticeable reddish tint on the blacks. I’m not sure if it’s because my eyes were used to the previous results, because apparently the verification process says everythings fine, but it’s kind of weird that reddish tint.

Don’t really know profile to trust here. Could it have anything to do with having the Black Level drift enabled?

Kind regards
    Eduardo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Could it have anything to do with having the Black Level drift enabled?

Possibly. The Spyders are not particularly good at reading dark colors, so additional black patches could exacerbate the problem. Black level drift compensation doesn’t do anything for colorimeters anyway, so can be safely disabled.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS